➸ Introduction

Jade and Julien. Best friends forever.

When Julien moves with his family from Paris to sunny California, he moves in next door to a wild little ten year old girl named Jade. 

Ten year old Julien instantly hit if off with Jade, being the only person he knew in this new town - in this new country. They become joined at the hip, best friends. Wherever one is, you can expect to find the other.

Years pass and on Jade's sixteenth birthday, Julien has a special gift for her. One that she won't ever forget along with a suggestion. A suggestion that could either break them or make them stronger...

A week later, Jade and Julien are good. Things got awkward for a few days but then they were good. They go to a party one night and something happens - something that has Julien leaving Jade behind - not wanting to hear what she had to say.

Jade tried for days to talk to him, to explain - but he wouldn't hear it. Another week passes and Jade is ready to go over to his house and run up to his room, making him hear her out. She runs outside, but to her bewilderment, she sees Julien and his family leaving with bags packing their car full - already heading down the road.

He left.

He just left... without a word. After she had given him everything, her love and friendship, strong for six years - he just left, only to find out from her own mom that the Hawthrone family moved back to Paris for a job relocation. And Julien never said a word to her about it. Six years of friendship all for nothing. But there was a reason he never told her.. a reason he left her.

That's when Jade's life changes forever.

She becomes the angsty teenage girl but she's different than what you would think. No way to contact him, she is met with a recording, "This number has been disconnected," She goes into a downward spiral - crashing into the tides.

Not caring about anything anymore, Jade becomes the party girl who needs to constantly stay numb in order to go on through life. Through therapy, she discovered she was dependant on Julien but she would rather stay numb than to talk about him anymore. She just wants to get through life - without missing his smile.

He was more than just a best friend to her. He was her rock. Her savior. The other half of her. But when he just... disappears, she realized maybe he didn't care about her as much as she thought. Maybe their friendship was purely one sided.

But then those familiar teal eyes look up at her one day after her books spill all over the floor at school and she's stunned. 

Julien has returned. 

But she quickly learns that, like her, he has changed.

He isn't her Julien anymore. 

He's just somebody that she used to know.

******************

The she-changed / he-changed best friend forever story with a little "we shouldn't have done that" in the mix as well as two years worth of hell and numbness until one day it all explodes and leaves mind boggling questions that have to be answered by no other than Julien.