➸ 2. Pray Prey

Decided to take it down a notch from the first chapter being so full of emotion, so here you go. But we all know that emotional sht is my thing - so don't think it will last long! I just can't wait till we get to the good stuff. You know what I mean ;)

~*~

Lying on my bed, I scrolled through my Facebook and snapchat to reply to some messages. There were a ton of messages from all my general friends, asking if I was going to the party. General friends as in, I'm not their best friend but I'll talk to them at school.

Maya, Eve and Tessa, the main girls I hang out with, had informed me that Tyler had a few kegs tonight and both high schools were coming. The town next to us found out about the party too, so there were sure to be some crashers.

If Tyler was throwing a party, that meant it would get wild. 

I still hated Tyler for what he did all those years ago, for what he caused, but a party is a party.

I could break some things in his house tonight to make myself feel better – maybe when the toilet paper runs out, I'll wipe with the shower curtain instead of just looking for another roll. You get desperate when you're wasted anyways and just knowing that I keep one-upping him here and there makes me giddy.

He should burn in hell for what he did.

Oddly enough, Tessa, one of my best friends, is his cousin. She knew about what he did to me – about what he caused – but she didn't like him anyways. Blood doesn't run thick in that family.

The sound of the garage opening alerted me that mom had just gotten home from work. She's an author who gets to go out during the day and scout around for locations, sometimes she goes away for a weekend to check out some venues and buildings to write her books about. She even went to Australia one time to interview locals for a book instead of just watching YouTube video's. She's dedicated to her writing and it pays well. She would even use real people's real situations for her stories. It was inspiring how far she had come since I was a baby.

I still had mixed feelings towards her though. I went through a lot of trauma in my childhood, but she went through more than me with my dad. She tried to protect me the best way she could. 

Every day she comes home around five-thirty, Always with dinner in her hand. You could probably hide her a Christmas present in the over in January and by December, she still wouldn't have found it.

Ever since she finally kicked dad out four years ago, she decided to start doing what she wanted to. Cooking was one of those things she did not want to do anymore.

"Jade, you home?!" Mom called out from downstairs after the sound of the front door shutting.

Rolling my eyes at how predictable she was, I called out to her in a high-pitched disgruntled yell, "Yeah! What is it!?" Hopefully she wouldn't come up to my room this time just to ask me how my day was, but predictable moms will be predictable moms.

I heard her place her purse down on the counter before the sound of her sneakers began to echo on the stairs and I lay there with a huff of annoyance as I continued to scroll through my notifications, waiting for the double-tap to sound on my door before she popped in.

What is the point of tapping on my door if she's just going to pop in anyways and not wait for me to invite her?

She poked her head in, right after that double-tap, her long dark brown hair in natural waves was down and loose around her. Her jade colored eyes, same as mine, peered over at me with a smile on her face.