➸ 16. Gunshot Wounds

Julien

"Man, we need to go!" Liam shouted over the noise as he shoved me over to the wall to get us out of the way, his eyes darting around the room frantically. People were running out the door, ready to get to safety.

I shook my head, handing him my keys. "Go find my car and wait for me."

Liam's eyes went wide. "You're serious?" He bit his lip, looking toward the kitchen worriedly and I had a feeling I knew why.

I nodded, shoving him out the door. "Go. I'll be there in a few."

The house had cleared out and I could hear sobbing coming from up the stairs. It sounded like Liss and I knew that her brother was upstairs with her, that had been why I had jumped out the window.

"King! I know you're in here! Come out, come out, wherever you are!" A deep voice called out from the kitchen. I could only see the kitchen table from where I stood in the living room, unable to get a better look due to the closed living space.

I reached for my gun as I pressed my back against the wall and clicked off the safety, inching toward the kitchen.

I could hear two people whispering inside the kitchen, the ones with the guns who raided the party. They were out to get King and I bet money that it was the guy that had asked me if this was his house when I was first walking up here.

Adrenaline was pumping and I was about to make a move before a hand rested on my shoulder and my gun immediately went toward that area as I whipped to the side, ready to shoot.

My eyes went wide and I blew out a breath slowly as I focused on the dark skinned guy from the front door with flashy teeth and dreads, the party security. He held up his finger over his lips as if to tell me to be quiet and motioned toward the room directly behind our backs, letting me know he was heading toward them from this side. We would surprise them.

With a nod, I watched him disappear with his gun locked and loaded. My heart was racing fast and memories of France came back to me. I didn't miss this lifestyle at all, but it seemed to find me wherever I went.

"Man, let's check upstairs. I hear something." Said a voice in the kitchen as shuffling could be heard from the wall I was leaning against, ready to jump out at them. I had to surprise them if I wanted to live. I wasn't about to leave a girl upstairs when there was danger in the house, brother or not.

I counted to three in my head before rounding the corner of the kitchen and aiming my gun directly at the head of the guy who had asked me questions on the street. His eyes went wide once he saw me and his gun went up as it dangled from his finger as if to wave a white flag.

"Hey man, we don't have beef with you. It's all good." He eyed me, sizing me up. He was a little hood, so I knew whatever this beef was, it was probably over drugs or money.

I kept my focus on his little friend who kept his focus on me as well. He had on a red flat bill and a long white t-shirt, chains hanging from his neck just like his friend. I saw movement from behind them, it was Mr. Security, running up on them while they both eyed me with raised brows.

Security guy snuck up and cocked his gun, aiming it at the little one's head. "We got beef with you though." He pressed the barrel into his head, jolting it one good time.

The guy I had my gun trained on cursed under his breath while I watched them with a blank face. "We just want to talk to King. He owes us some money. You two don't need to be in this. You don't want this, trust me." He looked into my eyes, conveying the truth behind his words and I believed him. I didn't want a part of this, but I was a part of this now. Liss was upstairs and someone had to do something. That's how females get hurt, people turn a blind eye and don't want to help.