ultraviolet

10.2 11:10 am .. lunch

Finn, standing outside in the courtyard, checked his phone.

'11:10, come on Millie... hurry up. I just want to make things right.'

Anxiety kicked in, butterflies. He felt like a girl, a girl obsessing over a boy. His self image was unusually low, all he cared about was Millie, and he barely knew her.

"Hey," a bright voice spoke, it wasn't Millie. He turned his head to see the blonde girl he used to be talking to.

"Alyssa? Hey," he chuckled nervously looking for a way out. If Millie saw him talking to her he would be in even more deep shit. The deep shit there's no way out of.

"How was the party? Heard it got really crazy, Richie Garner was there, cops showed up and everything," she acted oblivious, when she was the one that had tried to frame Millie by making Richie go to the party, lace the house with drugs and call the cops.

"Yeah, the house got laced with drugs, I took the blame for it since my parents can pay it off, but I don't know who would've done this much to the 'new girl', maybe just bad luck," he awkwardly shrugged off, avoiding eye contact with the blonde.

'where is she?'

Millie, was held back by these two girls who were friends with Alyssa. They were telling her how Finn, accordingly was spreading rumors that him and her had a 'thing' at the party.

Millie, furious, left the girls, angrily walking to the spot that Finn and her were supposed to meet.

Totally ignoring the fact that Alyssa was talking to Finn, she strutted her legs down the hallway meeting eye contact with Finn.

"It's not what it looks lik-" Finn said backing up, but was interrupted by a big slap on the face.

Alyssa and her group scurried away, laughing with pure joy that their plan had succeeded.

Then something clicked in Finns head. It was so obvious how did he not understand. Obviously the girls, Alyssa and her gang, were the ones that made Richie come to the party, lace the house, then once the house was rigged she called the cops.

It all made sense.

He snapped back to it from Millie's screaming, "What do you want from me? You keep on using me. Manipulating me, you drugged me, and then you go around telling the entire school that we," she violently pointed to her and Finn,"are a thing, which we are not. You know it, you know that I would never go for a guy that would use a girl for their own personal gain." She choked the words out as tears started to form in her eyes. "You know what-," her voice cracked and she broke the eye contact with Finn and started to walk away.

Finn held her back and pulled her into a hug. She tried to push him off of her but for some reason, his body being wrapped around hers, gave her a safe and comforting feeling.

He looked down at the girl who was quietly crying into his jacket. He bent down his head and kissed her forehead.

"I'm going to make it up to you, I promise."

"promise?" she said between sniffs.

"promise."