Five

"Your What!" Gabe thrilled, sounding slightly feminine. I hushed him.

"Im pregnant, I need your help. You need to spread it around for me. As a rumour, don't confirm it though. Only you know." He nodded, his eyes gleaming in importance and delight. I heard my friends come down the hall and ran, winking at Gabe as I passed.

"Hi girls, is it true my sister is pregnant?" Their giggling stopped.

"We dunno, why do you think?"

"Well, if she was, she would tell you. Right?"

"Maybe." I took this time to come walking down the hall.

"Hi girls." I waved, their eyes following my every move in suspicion.

"The mating is tomorrow, you really think a rumour will spread that fast?" Blake asked.

"Im sure. We are royals. Every pack is coming. Or at least members of every pack." I replied, pushing my chair under the table. I opened the door to leave when Blake spoke up. "I am just worried about that Frost person. Stay safe."

"You will see me at dinner. No problem. It's food, remember?" I joked, leaving the room.

"Everything set for tomorrow?" There was that females voice again. Frost. I froze and listened.

"Yes, everything is ready. The rougues won't win, I promise Frost. You will claim what is yours, I shall have my revenge."

"Stop!" I shouted, rounding the corner. But all I saw, was an empty hall. Blake poked his head around the door. "Kay, what's up?"

"They where here, Frost and... Increase the guard. Tell them Its my orders. Something about rougues."

_*_

I stood, in my dress, Gabe at my side. He knew everything. "Gabe, I can't do this. The

rouges..."

"Nothing will touch you, runt. I promise. Don't worry." I hugged my brother before stepping into the sunlight.

The pack elder lead the ceremony. "First, to show the human bond, the subjects will kiss." We kissed tenderly. "Then shift and rub noses."

We did, before taking in each others scent and howling in unison. I could feel myself being mated with Blake, I felt stronger, proud and could feel what he felt.

I stood, by Blake, on the stage. Facing the alphas of every pack. "We have some great news." I began, my voice slightly trembling. "Im pregnant. All the rumours where true." Suddenly, there was a howl, then the pounding of paws, and finally an army of wolves appeared.

So, I wasn't paranoid. I looked at Blake and he nodded. We shifted, his black wolves growl growing deeper. He ran forward, I followed closely. We barges through the enemy wolves, killing those who we had too. Eventually, we did enough to make the rest retreat into the safety of the forest. Everybody shifted and I stood there, in my torn dress, looking in anger and sadness at the crowd of people gathered before me. "Anybody know anything about this, please come forward. Find anything out, there will be a reward. Thank you."