Thirteen

"Kay. I have to leave now." I looked up at Blake. He had to go with his patrol to gather enemy information. "Okay. Be back on time. I'm gonna miss you." I kissed him and he left. Even the kids felt my sadness as we watched his black wolf run into the distance. Xavier started to tug on my hoodie, I looked at him and he grabbed my gold locked around my neck. I opened it, he touched the picture of Blake and began to babble. "Daddy will be back." I said kissing his head.

_*_

"Kay?" Just hearing Blakes voice made my heart flutter in my chest.

"Hi Blake. The kids are asleep. How are you?"

"Fine. And you?"

"Perfect now I know you are." He chuckled.

"Well, I have to go. Call you ASAP."

"And Mindlink if I'm needed?"

"Hopefuly you won't. Love you."

"Love you too."

I lay back on the bed and sighed. Nothing felt right without Blake. I also had a feeling something bad was about to happen. I sighed again and let slumber take over me.

_*_

"Kayla! Wake up!" I felt somebody shaking me by the shoulders, the smell of smoke brought me to my senses. My eyes snapped open. Fire. I ran into the nursery and got my children. Sarah took Eliza and we ran out of the house and into the woods. Pack members where running in every direction. They where getting water from the stream or the pack mages casting cold spells but nothing could extinguish the flames. I sat with Sarah and my babies watching the home I had loved so much, burn to the ground. Blake arrived as the embers died. "Kayla, you okay?" I nodded. "What happened here?"

"I don't know. But I do know it was deliberate, because it would have been put out before it did much damage." He nodded. Noah began to cough, wheezing for breath. We ran to the pack doctor who picked him up and examined him.

"From what I can see, this runt is no normal wolf. He is a hybrid."

_*_

I looked at Blake with Noah in his arms. The perfect pair. Xavier began to cry, his tiny hands reaching out to his daddy. "Jealous, are we?" I cooed, bouncing him in my arms and squishing him. Blake came and took his son. Xavier hit Noah, Noah bit down on his brother. First brotherly scrap. This should be fun...