Sixteen

"I really need to start working out." I moaned, turning in front of the mirror. "

"You had pups. It's normal. You're perfect in my eyes."

"A year ago. Nice try though. Your perfect to me aswell." I smiled as we linked arms and we went outside and into the car.

After a while we got there. I got out to see it was a five star restraunt, I looked at Blake in surprise. He chuckled and we went inside. "Sir. Madam." The waiter was a teen from our pack. "Best seat for you."

"Thank you. I shall see your rank is improved." He smiled before handing us menus. After we picked our meals, we got to talking. Yet, a small amount of time later, when a couple with a baby entered, I felt the family pull. Noah...

"You Okay?" Blake asked, concern on his face, then it was replaced by what was probably my expression of longing, rage and sorrow. I felt my wolf rising, seeing Blakes too. His eyes flashed amber catching the eyes of a few humans.

Try to subdue your wolf.

I thought it would be me, looking the battle of control over my wolf, but it wasn't. It was Blake.

Kayla, I'm sorry. I just... can't.

You can. Just wait until they leave, you can make it Blake.

I can't...

With that, his wolf won. He left and I followed closely. He crouched onto the ground and shifted, His wolfs eyes blood red. That triggered my wolf, knowing it wad probably too late, I allowed myself to shift. We waited by the bins until the kidnappers emerged. We crept out and dived on the male. He laughed coolly as the female sped off. I followed closely, but eventually, she got to the barrier lands. An invisible force hit me hard and I soared backwards. I needed something from a vampire to geet in. I whimpered, my vision hazy, as Blake ran up to me. He nudged me, but I lay still.

I'm sorry. I couldn't get Noah...

Blackness.

_*_

I awoke, back in my bed. "You're awake." Despite the pain, I was fresher than ever.

"That line is getting old. And so is me being knocked out." I growled playfully. Then I remembered the previous night and my smile faded away. "I need too-" Before I could finish, Blake pushed me back into bed and tucked me in.

"Rest. You need to rest. The morphine will wear off soon. So sleep whilst you can."

"Morphine?" My eyes widened.

"Yes. Morphine. We need you to be in top condition too. We are to become king and queen, ya know." As he left, Sarah came in.

"Oh my god. You look..." She tried to smile. "Great. Better than before." I frowned.

"I look terrible, don't I?" She hesitated and stayed silent. I sighed and looked in the mirror. The sight of myself brought tears to my eyes. I had a large gash across my cheek, my lip was split, there where scratches all over my face, with a cut that went from my eyebrow to my temple.

As if sensing my thoughts, Sarah spoke softly. "You're beautiful. I am jelouse." I smiled weakly, partly because I didn't want her efforts to be in vain and partly because I was trying not to show my true emotions. This was going to be hard, especially with the coronation in a week...