Twelve

At my words Gabe's body tensed. "No! Why her? Which sick piece of crap did this!" I put my hand on his shoulder. He brushed it off and turned ay. He ran. I looked at Blake.

"He must have been her mate."

"Yeah. If I ever lost you..." I put my finger on his lips.

"I know. I know." His lips met mine in a sweet and tender kiss. "Now. I want to meet my children."

_*_

I looked down, in complete awe, at my children. "I didn't name them. That's your choice, Kayla." My baby girl stirred in her sleep before opening her eyes. They where bright blue with specks of grey. She smiled a gummy smile and clasped onto my finger. Her hair was white blonde. "Sienna Rose." I said, kissing her cheek. I moved to my first son. He had dark, black hair, like his father. And hazel eyes. "Xavier. It suits him." Then my next son. He was the smallest. He had brown hair and grey eyes. "Our little runt. Noah." I smiled. I was one hell of a proud mother!

I sat with my babies on the bed. Playing pat-a-cake when Gabe came in. His eyes where red and puffy from crying. I hugged him and he relaxed slightly. "She was your mate, wasn't she?" He nodded and broke away.

"I wish we would have mated... now she's dead."

"Only in body, not in spirit." He smiled, only a small smile, but it was a start.

"Thanks runt." For once, I didn't mind him saying Blakes nickname for me.

_*_

"Look at the new mummy." The imprisoned vampire cooed. He made me sick... With one swift move I had punched his face. Then I recognised him. "Cole..."

"Kayla." The way he said my name made me feel all happy. My wolf snarled in the back of my mind. "I have a mate so don't you dare try anything." He laughed.

"You are  such an idiotic woman. You know

that?" I felt rage bubble in the pit of my stomach.

"Really? Guards, execute him. I can't bare the sight of him. Sorry Cole, guess I'm not so stupid." His face fell.

"Well, congratulations. It was an honour." God, he knew how to mess with my head.

Sienna giggled, wrapping her tiny hand around my finger. Xavier was playing with his blocks on the floor and Noah was asleep on his Dad. The beta's son came in the room. He was three. He looked at Sienna and smiled. He came over. "Can I hold her?" I smiled. Knowing he would one day be her beta.

"Yes." As he held her in his arms they just stared at each other before Sienna's eyes closed and she snuggled into him. He laid her down and covered her with a blanket.

"Young love, eh?" I looked at Blake, confused.

"Isn't it obvious. He is her destined mate. We where like that once upon a time, princess."