Nine

The metallic smell of blood awoke me from my slumber. I was in a sort of dungeon, the floors stained red with blood and people dead in the nearby cells. How long have I been here?

Sarah lay, in a bruised heap on the floor beside me, I remembered. I picked her up, she awoke, her eyes terrified. "Please! Don't hurt me, I can explain! Please!" I put her down but kept a firm grip on her.

"Speak." I commanded, my voice laced with venom.

"There is a vampire, she... Sort of put me in a trance, then, once I knocked you out, which I had no control over, she threw me in here." She began to sob. I pulled her into a hug, letting her cry on my shoulder.

"Okay, no more tears, we are gonna get out of here, just you see." She wiped her eyes on her sleeve and there was a loud slamming noise. I breathed in, vampire.

It was a female, dressed in black. She spoke, her voice smooth. "So you're the future Luna Princess."

"No. Actually, I am the runt, it is most unlikely I will get the title." I spat.

"Ah, you are quite a charmer, and your darling mate!" I growled, a pang of sorrow hitting me like a ton of bricks.

"Yes, he is a darling, your filthy mouth has no right to even mention him, got that bitch?" I snarled. She flexed her hand in a motion towards the wall, I flew backwards with a sickening thud. I heard my spine snap, my babies! Another vampire ran in, she had blonde brown hair and wore a long blue gown. I recognised her as the vampire Princess. "Mother, let me deal with her! Your going to exhaust yourself!" Her mother left and I fell to the floor. I grunted in pain as I healed. The princess came into our cell and shut the door. She raised her hand and red sparks shot from her palm. Healing me. I sat up. "I am Elisif, vampire Princess, I will help you escape." She said.

"Why should we trust you!" Sarah mumbled.

"Because I am your only chance. What my mother plans is not pretty." I nodded.

"Seems legit."

_*_

I crept out of the castle with Sarah and Elisif. "Prepare your armies, my mother will come for you. Also, Frost and Balk are hybrids. I will send you information on how they look. " With that, Elisif took off leaving Sarah to shift into a rusty brown wolf. I sat on her back and we went home. Home.

We where greeted by howls of delight, the royal guards and our mates forming a circle around us. Blake helped me off Sarah and pulled me into a tight embrace. "I missed you so much..."

"How long was I gone?"

"Three months." I looked up at him in shock, his face fell.

"I only have two more months to prepare for the babies..." Blake mirrored my facial expression. "And the vampires are coming after me. Elisif is sending me information." Blakes eyes widened and he turned on his heel.

"We gotta get ready. Now."

Logging onto my emails, I saw no sign of any information on the vampires. I sighed in frustration, I knew Elisif well enough, to know she would help me, didnt I? "I told you, vampires are a nasty piece of work." Jay growled. I whipped round, "Not Elisif. I can put my faith in her."

"Look, just be careful, your my sister and I cant let anything hurt you. I mean, look at you. Pregnant."

"What's that supposed to mean? Is it, the fact that I'm a runt? A female? Pregnant? Got a problem with me, stay outta my way! I am sick of you and Gabe treating me like I am the odd one out." I snarled, knowing that my wolf was ready to kill, but I couldn't shift. Not pregnant.

He left, probobally sensing my sudden rage and deciding to leave me be. A messenger entered the room, "A letter, my queen." I took the letter and she left. it was a black envelope with a red seal stamp. Elisif. I opened it and began to read.

Princess,
You must have eagerly anticipated this letter. My mother plans to attack in two months. Now, onto Frost and Balk.

Frost is a silver wolf with blue eyes and Balk a rustic red with black eyes. Both have a tear shape on thier paw. I hope this is enough information for now.

Elisif.

So that was it. I replied straight away.

Princess Elisif,
You're risking your existance by help me. I would like to ask you too some live here, if you wish. That is plenty for now, please can you find out how they will attack.

Kayla.

I was so gonna whoop these vampires butts.