Twenty

"My Queen, we have reports of the vampires having Noah." I snapped up into a sitting position.

"Noah... Where?" I stood and began following the man who had told me this news. We got to the conference room and I saw a bloodied vampire tied to the chair. "With everything, I am no longer surprised at this, filthy creature." My alpha mother side started to show. The vampire only smiled menacingly.

"Where is my son." I commanded. He looked at me.

"Kayla... Do you not remember me?" He cooed, his voice was recognizesable, but where from? I shool my head and he chuckled. "Really... we spent hours playing shops with monopoly money, its me." My eyes widened. This couldn't be...

"Harry... But why are you with?..." Harry was my childhood friend.

"Because... It is for a good cause." That answer alone was not enough.

"Please Harry, tell me why my son has been taken!" I begged. He broke.

"Your son, is the most powerful hybrid ever known. Does that answer your question? They are destroying you, using your grief against you." I nodded.

"I here." Blake appeared at the door. I knew what he would say. "Now. Let's set this soul

free."

"Blake, wait. Hasn't enough blood been shed already?" Blake shook his head.

"I am afraid not." With that he untied Harry and took him to meet his end.

My mate was becoming a monster...

_*_

The atmosphere at the dinner table was tense. I was super upset and annoyed with Blake, and had refused to sit with him. Gabe and my mother where avoiding each other and Jay and Sarah... Sarah was pregnant and having her moments. I ate in silence, listening to Blake through mind link, but not replying. After dinner, he trapped me in the doorway. "Kayla..."

"Blakely..." I imitated. I saw him flinch slightly at my attitude.

"Please... I am sorry for whatever I did wrong... Even thoughi don't even know what I did." I glared at him.

"You. Killed. My. Best. Friend. Since.

Childhood." I said the words slowly, letting them settle in his mind.

"Kayla. Stop being like this..." He went to touch my shoulder but I backed away.

"You're becoming a monster. I tried to stop you... I may even kill your beta. Or sister... Maybe even both as they are mated." I shot back. He growled lowly and his wolf took over, he gripped my wrist, in an iron grasp. This man... was my mate, my children's father, my world. Now he was... this...

My heart beat faster, I froze. His eyes flashed gold and I could hear his wolf. Stop it! You're hurting her! Blake, stop!

To which came his weak reply of "I can't."

I realised, Harry had put him in a trance...

In a desperate attempt to brake it, I spoke calmly."Blake, you're in there. You can beat this. You are stronger... Blake come on. You can do it..." He snapped back and moved away. I flinched. "Kayla... Are you okay? I'm so sorry..." He went to hug me and I backed away, the hurt showed in his eyes. I hugged him "Yes. it was not your fault, but we are getting tatoos so this never happens again. Ever." To my command, he chuckled, thinking I was kidding. "Blakely, I am serious." His face fell, he was scared.