18. Vampire's greatest weakness

"Damon!" she shouted and ran to him. She stopped him moving infront of him. The evening was getting darker and rain clouds were appearing in to the sky. Damon's raven black hair was all over the place he looked worried.

"Do you love her?" she asked. Her natural curly hair was sitting lifeless on her shoulders.

"What?"

"Do. You. Love. Her?" she repeated with a whisper and watched his beautiful face frown. His ice blue eyes were wondering on the floor and he gritted his teeth.

"Do you?!" she shouted now getting mad.

"I love her," he admitted with shame. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? The only one who should be sorry is me," she said. Damon looked at her with confusion.

"I can't keep ignoring your feelings towards her," she whispered the last word with agony.

"Keep her, love her if she loves you back. But do not waste your time on her if she doesn't," she smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"I am letting you go Damon."

***

Ava lay on the couch drinking blood. She sucked the blood out of the boring blood bag and threw it in the garbage can. They had left the cabin because Elena didn't want Jeremy to be couched by Damon and Ava. She watched the ceiling and was tapping a pillow with her fingers.

"I have to say Ava, you and your friends are smart," she heard a way too familiar voice and jumped up from the couch.

"Kol," she gasped and pinned him against the wall, holding his throat. She had the upper hand now, she was going to enjoy it.

"I could snap your neck," she said and squeezed his throat more. He was struggling to breathe.

"Just a tiny movement..." she continued and chuckled darkly. Ava was enjoying the moment when she saw confusion in his brown eyes. She was saviouring it.

"Has anyone ever snapped your neck Kol? I imagine it must hurt," she laughed but let the man go. He held his throat and coughed a couple of times.

"How are you even that strong?" he asked and this time pinned her against the wall. She chuckled and bit her lip.

"Wouldn't you like to know," she snickered and Kol let her go. He walked away from her which made Ava follow him to the fireplace.

"I heard that you're looking for the cure," he started and glared at Ava. She nodded and crossed her hands. She stood before him and was almost as tall with her beige high heels.

"But you see; when you get the cure a powerful witch named Silas will rise with it," he said and confronted her with his piercing eyes.

"And he will bring hell on earth."

"We don't want that now do we?" she said with a cocky expression on her face. Kol chuckled.

"So stop looking for the cure."

"No."

"Why? You don't want it," he said.

"What if I did want it."

"But you don't."

He knew Ava too well. She loved being a vampire. She was now more powerful than ever, why would she trade it for being a human? She wouldn't.

"Where is your boyfriend by the way?" he suddenly asked and glared around. Ava shrugged and snorted.

"He isn't my boyfriend," she said and walked to Kol.