21. Silas

Ava picked up her phone. She was desperate and was about to call Klaus when she heard a shadow move behind her. She turned but didn't see anything. It was night and very dark. The shadow was just another amongst shadows. 

"Come out come out where ever you are," she sang and the shadow got before her. She got startled and moved a few steps back.

"Stefan?" she asked and looked carefully his face. He frowned his eyebrows and stepped out from the shadow. 

"Why can't I get in to your head?" He asked. He took a hold of Ava's head. He tried to get through her head but she fought. She bit her lip, it hurt. She frowned her eyebrows when she fought. The man took her hands off of her head and stepped one step back.

"Cassia?" he asked.

"Stefan what are you talking about?" Ava asked and the man chuckled and raised his eyebrows. 

"My name is Silas," he said and Ava got chills up her spine. She closed her eyes and it was like she woke up from a trance.

"Silas," she said and sighed relieved. 

"Cassia Devrata. It has been a long time," Silas said and crossed his arms.

"So it has, Silas," she said and smiled widely.

Flashback 

Cassia Devrata

"Silas we are not suppose to be here!" Cassia shouted to him and moved closer to the emerald green water. Silas was in the middle of the pond, few steps away from the water fall, he was waving to Cassia.

"Cassia, come here. I can feel the power of the water run through me!" he shouted and dived in to the water, head first. Cassia stepped few steps closer with a concerned look on her young face.

"Silas come out. It is not funny!" she shouted and glared to see if anyone was behind her. Silas had been underwater for an unhumanly time. Cassia took her sandals off and dived in to the water, to see if Silas was okay. When she hit the water she could feel a massive power emarging through her. She reached back up for air and noticed that Silas wasn't under water anymore. She moved the water with her hand in Silas' face. 

"You tricked me!" she said and moved fastly towards him. Silas stopped her with his finger. 

"Look," he said and closed his eyes. The water around him started to levitate, drop by drop. Cassia snickered and Silas opened his eyes. 

"How did you do that?" Cassia asked with her eyes full off wonder. 

"Menthor Caius taught me," Silas said and it made Cassia snort. She crossed her hands and it made Silas smile.

"Caius is not fair. He does not teach the same things."

"He is your father. You should not disrespect him," Silas said with a tough, but playful tone.

"And what are you going to do about it Silas? It is my sixteenth summer. I am almost a woman grown," Cassia reminded him and Silas nodded. He was on his seventeeth summer and had known Cassia for his whole life. They were best friends. Silas laughed to Cassia but got quiet in the minute he saw Qetsiyah approach.

"Shouldn't you be in the village?" Qetsiyah asked from them. She smiled to Silas but didn't even glance at Cassia. She nodded to Silas and walked away. Behind her came her handmaiden, Amarra. Cassia saw the looks Silas and Amarra chanched and she smiled. 

"Yes Qetsiyah. Cassia and I will be right behind you," he yelled to them but shook his head to Cassia who grinned. 

"We almost got caught to Qetsiyah. She would have went straight to Caius to tell him that we are using magic beyond his instructions," Cassia said and closed her eyes. She wanted to try the same thing that Silas had done. She let the power roam freely in her hands. She lifted them and the water rose with them. She opened her eyes and saw the water drops levitate. She giggled and let the water fall back to the pond.