25. I'm a showstopper

1950

"Come on Katherine. I like him," Ava said and ate a cherry. She was looking at the dark haired man with a flirty look. He had a black smock on and he started to walk towards Ava. They were in a party in New Orleans. Ava had on a beautiful white dress that ended just before her knees. Katherine had a darker dress and it was a bit tighter. Katherine snorted and rolled her eyes.

"Oh please Ava. I'm going to eat someone," Katherine said and walked away from her.

"Okay. Remember to clean after yourself," Ava whispered and heard Katherine chuckle. The man got to her and took her hand.

"Aren't you a bit too young for this party?" he asked.

"I can bet you I am older than you," Ava said and laughed to her own inside joke. He frowned his eyebrows but smiled slightly.

"Jack," the man introduced himself.

"Angeline, but please call me Ava," she said and smiled to him flirty. She glared the area making sure that thee were no Mikaelson's in the sight. It was risky being in the same city as the original family who was chasing her and Katherine but they were trying to be smart.

"So Jack. What do you do for a living?" Ava asked and made Jack chuckle. He leaned in closer to Ava and Ava almost sunk her teeth in to his neck. Jack moved Ava's hair away from her ear.

"Would you believe if I said that I am a hit man?" he asked and leaned away. Ava smiled and nodded.

"That makes two of us," she said and winked. Jack raised his eyebrows and seemed amused.

"Half of the women here would have walked away," he said and smiled, "but not you."

Ava shrugged and grabbed a glass of champaign from the waiter who walked past them. She sipped it elegantly and raised her eyebrows. As the champaign went down her throat it started to burn her from the inside. She turned her back on Jack who frowned his eyebrows. Ava tried to keep down her coughs and dealt with the pain.

"Are you alright?" Jack asked and Ava swallowed and put a smile on her face. She turned to face the worried looking man.

"I am fine, it just went down on the wrong pipe," she explained.

"Excuse me, I need to find my friend," she said and cleared her throat. She practically ran away from Jack and searched Katherine with her eyes.

"Katherine?" she wished that Katherine would've heard her. She felt someone stopping behind her. She put a smile on and turned.

"Hello love."

"Klaus."

"Why are you here?" Ava asked with a fearful tone she backed off a few steps.

"Better question would be why are you in New Orleans?" he said and smiled a crooked dimpled smile. His hair was slacked back and he had a beautiful suit.

"Running," Ava said and cleared her throat.

"From me?" Klaus asked humorously.

"Maybe," Ava said with her chin high. She saw Katherine behind Klaus and there was Jack too. She shook slightly her head put placed her eyes back to Klaus.

"I'm very fascinated that you are in fact at my very good friends party. Now how is that?"

"Interest in parties."

"Yeah I don't really buy that," Klaus said and got closer to her.

"I would choose my words carefully."