Sunflower

Sunflower

Chapter 1: Silenced

The coldness that made contact with my skin, sent shivers down my spine. It chilled my body, this plain white table, as I stared at the ceiling, seeming as dark as the night sky. Then again, I don’t really have any remembrance of the sky, or so I thought. I have always been here, in this dark room, where that unbearable light blinded my eyes if I looked at one side. My breath was visible as snow, exhaling a scarce amount of oxygen, watching the transparent fog slip out from my slightly parted lips.

I remembered the cries of my two guardians, the two only people that have welcomed me to this world. Their screeching still forever lingering in my ears, knowing their voices all too well, their arms stretching out as their hands were desperate to reach me and take hold of securely. The memory was still fuzzy, their images still blurry that I almost cannot register their appearance, though it was the last time I saw them, my parents, before I took off. The van that drove away with me in it, restraints holding me down in the back trunk, hearing it’s engine roar loudly. The figures of them just faded slowly as the vehicle rocketed down the road to an unknown location. I..wonder how they’re doing now. I hope mother isn’t letting tears fall down onto her cheeks like a never ending river, I can just picture my father trying to comfort her, calling 911 to somehow track down my location, to where I was brought. Sirens everywhere, worry washing over my parent’s faces, trying every attempt to just get me back. Their little daughter that was only trying to come back home from school.

A small creek that sounded rather louder than expected was made from afar, echoing throughout the spacious room. Another light entered the room, and soon enough the steps of a male figure were heard, creating tension in the atmosphere with every step he took. If I were able to make a sound, a yelp of any sort- I’d be burning my lungs from the inside due to my screeching and yelling.

I wanted to get out of here. I wanted answers.

All I could do with these chains binding me was squirm, and wriggle- struggling as slight metallic sounds were created by the small attempts. My pupils directed at the dark figure as he came closer.

Even though he was right there, beside me and I still couldn’t make out his features, all I could spot easily was his broad shoulders, and his dark coat, with a tie hovering over the white dress shirt that was perfectly tucked in beneath the coat.

A low bartone tone echoed, “Hello, beautiful.”

Anger developed in the pit of my stomach, I didn’t pause in my

constant attempts of freeing myself from these shackles.

Getting the cue, the man lowered his head just a little so

I was able to get a view of him.

His slicked back raven hair shone in the slightest by the faint luminosity

of the light that was directed towards him from the lamp, where his

golden irises gave a sharp gaze that of an eagle.

Even though he seemed extremely intimidating, my narrowed eyes

and furrowed eyebrows didn’t fade away, not even one crumb of it.

A small grin formed onto his lips, as the tone in his voice became more soothing,

“Now, don’t give me that look, you must be quite upset,” his eyes slowly drifted and trailing down from my eyes to what seemed like my lips.

“I know it must be difficult to talk as well- but it was necessary to have

numbed your tongue to prevent any words slipping out of that mouth of your’s,

well, in these kinds of situations.”

I didn’t care what he was babbling on about,

I just wanted to get the heck out of here!

And considering the fact that I can’t even speak just made things even worse than it already was. What did these people want? Why me? I just want to go home-!! Mommy-! Daddy-!!

Suddenly another creak from afar was heard, by the numerous sounds of footsteps

coming towards my way, I could already make out that there were about 5 or more

presences entering the once isolated pale room.

Due to their coats contrasting the colors of the dark area, they looked like one of those people that do surgeries or some sort in the hospitals, what are they called again? Doctors? Surgeons?

Once they’ve all surrounded the table that I was apparently placed and cuffed onto, a sharp snapping sound was made as they put on cyan gloves. W..What’s going on…? Slowly turning my head back towards the raven’s direction, I gave a fierce questioning look, demanding answers as questions then became a hurricane in my mind.

He could only give a smile that soon turned sly in a matter of seconds, “Ah, it seems like they’re here to start your little party.” Party? What is he talking about..-?

One of the surgeons attention was directed at the man, saying warningly,

“Sir, you may have to step aside just a bit so that we may begin

the preparation and activity for this operation.”

He complied calmly with their request as his expression darkened

with the atmosphere in the room, catching a glimpse of a smirk played onto his lips.

Operation..?...W-Wh-What..?

My eyes drifted, glancing at every one of the surgeons

until I heard a high pitched screech due to a wheeled cart coming into view, the texture glimmering at the slightest. One of the men took hold of one of the tools placed onto the cart’s tray, switching on the device.

The sound it made felt like it was drilling into my eardrums, related towards

what a chainsaw’s sound effect could form, it’s razor sharp ‘teeth’ rapidly

turning in a circular motion as it neared my pupil.

No.

Stop.

Please.

Please.

Mommy…

..Daddy.