Chapter 3: Lucked

Chapter 3: Lucked

White was all I could see. It was the room I was forever kept in unless I had been requested another task to succeed. Nothing overly exciting about this small area, just a plain pasty mattress with two sheets and a silk blanket, where a small coffee table is located nearby it as a slender vase with lilies resides on top of it. There were no windows whatsoever, a crowded space with walls surrounding. Sitting on the edge of the bed, my two legs dangling very slightly for it could not reach the ground just yet due to my minor age, or so it seemed. An inaudible creak was made as a certain door vanward of my spot was swung open. I knew the man, it was him, the one that first introduced me here into this chambering place. I never liked him, or even considered him as a friend or family. He would always somehow bring the creeps upon me. Too touchy. The familiar slicked back ebony hair strands as his piercing gaze was directed towards me. Still, despite his intimidation, he gave a smile that could only be formed by a father, trying too hard to seem kind. More like a psychopath. Taking steady steps forward, he stood before me. “ Akai, another mission completed, well done.” Not making any contact with him, my eyes laid down at the ground. No response was given back. The sounds of soles pressing against the surface became much more clear, nearing me and sat down besides me. The mattress forming another small dent due to the extra weight being added.

Long fingers ran through my silvery locks, my ruby irises peering back up at him before pulling away in neglection. It felt extremely uncomfortable to be with this man. Even though I still call him this way as if he were a separate being, I’ve known him for a long amount of time, he’s referred as Kuro But never have I called him by that, as you know from the obvious. He gave me bad vibes, unpleasant sensations, always making me tempted to place a disgusted expression onto my face every time I spot him. I couldn’t do that though even if I wanted to, I’d be punished..in a way you’ll think that’s utterly atrocious for a child, or even a female in fact. Since then, I’ve always kept a straight face towards him and everyone due to my lack of right of revealing my lump of emotions building inside of me, I rather not be in trouble, but I also rather not comply eagerly for every kind of situation I was given.

“Akai, don’t be like that.”

‘Shut up.’

“You know I’m the only one you can rely on, there’s no one else you can trust.”

‘Shut up.’

“So just be a good girl, and show some kindness, alright?”

‘Shut it you greasy old man.’

Sure he doesn’t look like that but trust me, his inner attitude surely is relevant towards it. A lot. Suddenly I felt another hand being placed upon mine, he leaned over for his lips to softly fall upon my forehead, a peck. “Akai.” I turned my head in an obvious gesture of rejection, but soon I felt finger pads taking hold of my chin, to face him again forcefully. “Akai, look at me.” No. “Akai.” Stop. Don’t say my name. “Akai-!” The grip cupping my chin tightened painfully, a hand hovered over my stomach, pressing against it roughly to throw me flat onto the mattress. He laid onto me, his expression                                                                                               filled with developing anger, I could almost hear the growls rumbling in his throat. “You’ll listen to me whether you appreciate or not. Without me, you wouldn’t be able to live. I gave you this shelter, food- everything.” Quickly withdrawing his hands from that, he stood up from the edge of the bed and neared the only door that was constructed in this pallid room of mine. “You will be obedient. Maybe not right now, but very soon. I’ll have to discipline you,” he spoke out with a harsh tone that was uglier than the color of dulled green. Hearing the door shut loudly at that, silence filled the atmosphere once more.