Chapter 8: Gifted

Chapter 8: Gifted

Cold it was in my room. This has been the coldest it’s ever been, just then the atmosphere has been shifting a lot lately since that day. That day we parted. I could still remember his welcoming posture where his expression was as serene and calming as always. So caring and lovable..just like..a guardian. A parent.

It’s 2 days past the due date and I haven’t seen him since 3 days before it. He most likely has already brought himself in. If I recall correctly, I heard a disruptence just yesterday of a newcomer and they had to ‘converse’ of certain things in another at the far end of this building.

Nearby the one that he was tormented in.

The freaks said that it would be done in 18 hours. It’s way past that now. I wonder..if...the weirdo is-

Two light knocks were made onto the other side of the door of my room. Seemed like one of the freaks came by to ‘visit’. But instead of being all polite, the door flung open in impatience, revealing the freak of all freaks. He looked almost wanting to growl, obviously upset at me from the previous event. I disgraced him greatly at the time, but it’s not like I regret doing such a disastrous thing. He just needs to deal with it.

He grumbled out with a slight raspy voice, “Get out, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t mind seeing your little friend.” I perked up at that, the way he pronounced the last word with such intensity as if it were a contagious disease but there was definitely a mix of anger in there.

“Hurry up. Now.”

I didn’t want to see the weirdo in that state but I couldn’t disobey him and make things worse than it already was. I forced myself to get back up on my two feet and exited the room. I was then lead down the hallways towards the near end of the building to a specific room number.

‘001’

The number was displayed out in the view, right above the door, carved into the metallic label. I stretched my arm outwards, my fingers wrapping around the doorknob carefully as anxiety tried to make it’s way up and down my arm. I was feeling nervous, just by telling the small sweaty droplets beginning form and slip down slowly, prickling my skin a little due to the sensitivity. I rotated my hand clockwise, causing a ‘Click’, and detattacht it from the wall.

As the gap between the door and the wall grew, so did the clearness of the view that was awaiting for me behind the thin walls.

The weirdo was seated properly in a chair that was located in the center of the room. There seemed to be nothing wrong with him, though..there was certainly something different.

There was no light within his sapphire eyes. Those eyes that use to be so reassuring and relaxing.

Even if this one smiled the same way.

It just wouldn’t be the same.

Despite him still sitting there normally like any other human being, breathing, anyone could tell that this man..

..was already gone.

It was like the dead coming back to life.

Except no blood, no scar, no ugliness.

Just completely dull, with no life residing in his eyes.

A machine, a robot, however you would want to call a man that’s alive..but already dead.

He simply stared at me, there was no care in his movements, no flinching, not reaction towards my exposion. As if..he didn’t know me.

As if..he couldn’t see me.