Chapter 4: Odded

Chapter 4: Odded

Here I was again, standing in the midst of a crowding place where many people were bustling about. Eyes wandering around to spot a certain being from the rest. ‘And to think that I was finally free, of course there would be a catch’. I had to find a man, specifically according to what the founder said, it was a man around his 20s, an irish, I should be able to sense who it was accurately without having to know much more info about the man.

Just what did they want with the guy anyhow? Was he specialist of some sort? I knew they wouldn’t bother someone unless it was severely important and necessary. But to me it all seemed like a joke when I spotted the man.

It was all located in a nearby parkway, taking a leap into the air in effort to catch the inflated aircraft that tried to soar through the sky, just to be caught once more. The man landed back onto his feet steadily before handing the maroon balloon to a young boy beside him.

The child smiled so gratefully as he spoke in thanks, “Thank you so much mister!!,” the older man just replied with a small chuckle, “No problem, go on now, your mother is waiting for you.”

The boy ran back towards a woman that seemed to be around her thirties, thanking the man as well before resuming her stroll with her son around the park.

He just looked like any other ordinary human on this planet, but something about him did indeed feel attractive. No, it wasn’t sex appeal, though rather, it was something much more warm about the man. Something that most people have forgotten to develop in this world for centuries. Kindness was it? I shouldn’t jump into conclusions until I actually interact with the man later on.

A growl emitted from the lower area of my ribcage.

Of all times, really.

Well, a little snack shouldn’t hurt. I mean, this whole search could be put to a pause, despite that I’ve found the specified being already, any interactions with him could wait just a few more minutes.

Entering a small shop nearby my location, I took a glance at every product in the place that sat prettily behind the glassed shield. They were all sweets, decorated with frosting that was of course made purely of sugar and butter, though one stood out the most from them all that became so eye catching to me. Signalling the cashier which pastry I urged to purchase, I shuffled one of my hands into my pockets, just to realize something completely ridiculous.

‘Damn, my wallet..!’

Those damn freaks must have taken custody of it, thinking I might have planned to escape their dumbass task given to me and just run off to a different country. Then again why the hell would I do that, no one would accept a minor to travel elsewhere without an adult. Unless they only knew I would create a pause towards my work and decide to have a small snack. Just for that? That’s utterly ridiculous. I see no harm in trying to have small meal during my job, what the hell is wrong with them?

What a stupid question I asked myself,

          Of course everything is wrong with them.

That’s something I would never forget.

Huffing in displeasure, I waved off at the cashier to cancel my purchase, that was until someone else avoided that to occur. “I’ll pay,” a familiar soothing voice spoke out in refusion of cancelling the order.

I’d be blind if I couldn’t recognize the man that I’ve just spotted just a few moments ago. Not only was his voice a dead giveaway, but so was those crismon strands that flowed slightly in sync along with his motions due to his short length. Freckles that laid almost unnoticeable underneath his vibrant sapphire eyes. He contained facial features so tender that his smile could almost have himself mistaken as a messenger from god.

Is that odd for me to say?

   Surely..not...right?

I was still cautious as always, I can’t meddle myself with anything personal between another other than the freak of all freaks, specifically referring to Kuro.

I caught his arm in defense in saying ‘Don’t bother,’ though all I was able to receive from him was a little chuckle alongside with a brief smile, “It’s fine really, let me pay for you. That’s the least I can do for someone who’s especially hungry for something sweet, right?”.

This man is really odd.

Flipping out his wallet freely with one hand as he slipped out a few dollars with the other. He paid the cashier and handed me my desiring desert. I looked down at it for a couple of seconds and looked back up at him with slight confusion, blinking as a sign. He didn’t make any physical contact with me and just gave thumbs up, a while giving off a humourous wink as if trying to resemble support. “I won’t ask why you’re not with an adult right now, though I could understand. Trying to eat some sweets without getting caught by your parents, I support it! Don’t let them ever get to you! Eat all the candies you want little girl, for we all have to come to a stop one day, sooner or later.” He smiled brightly as if he were still a one year old, but still managing to keep his adult posture in tact.

Passing by me as he waved off casually, leaving the store.

The pastry still sitting in between my two palms stiffly, looking in the direction he last left, unable to murmur anything towards the recent event that had just taken place.

That man..really is weird.