Rule #18

Rule #18: Learn how to sew so you can mend your costume. Also, try to only rip it while doing impressive things, it helps your street cred.

A day or two after Ike kicked me out and after Rachel had proclaimed that all boys were idiots, I was back to training. I was still very sullen and moody but at least I was making some kind of effort to get back to normal. Training itself was calming in a way, it gave me something to think about other than Ike and all of that stuff. But it wasn't so calming that I was able to stop being so pouty and annoying, which neither Dan or Rachel appreciated. They left me alone for a few days but then Rachel decided that she had had enough of it and showed up to tell me so.

She showed up just as I was starting up again after lunch. At least, I guess you could call it lunch. It was mainly just me standing over the sink and stuffing chips into my mouth before training again, feeling a little nauseous as I did so. Rachel didn't knock or anything when she came in, she just burst in with a scary look on her face.

"Yes, my dear sister?" I asked, not bothering to stop training.

"This has to stop."

"What does? My training? That seems a little shortsighted."

"No, not your training."

"Then what am I stopping? You're being very cryptic, Rach. It's making me very worried about you."

"Oh please, you're too busy being angsty to worry about me."

"So is that it? You want me to be stop being angsty?"

"Exactly," she said.

"And how do you suggest that I stop being so angsty? I feel like it might be dependent on my DNA."

"We share the same DNA so I highly doubt that."

"Don't worry, there's still time for you to become angsty like me. I can teach you if you'd like."

"There's no need for that, I assure you."

I paused the simulation, sensing something about her tone that worried me. "What are you planning?"

"Nothing."

"But there is something going on."

"Of course. I'm just not planning it anymore, it's already planned."

"Would you care to enlighten me?"

She smirked. "Give me a second."

"Sure."

She left the room for a moment before stomping back in with someone in tow. I almost fainted when I realized that Ike was the one with her, looking just as surprised as I was.

"What the fuck is happening?" he said.

"Hell if I know," I said.

"This is an intervention," Rachel said. "This whole mess has been going on long enough."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She's fucking crazy, you know that?" Ike said. "She showed up at my house and then forced me to drive her over here, it's ridiculous."

"Hey, I'm really sorry about this, I didn't know."

"Whatever."

"You guys better start being nicer to each other or you're going to be in here a while," Rachel said.

"What?" Ike said.

"I don't understand," I said.

"Too bad," she said, pushing Ike into the room before locking us in the training room with her on the outside.