ELEVEN

"Hello. I'm Mr Redford and I will be your teacher for today," the man creepily said, emphasising 'today'. "Sit down. I've set you and...Mr Daniels the work Miss Clover has prepared for you. Enjoy, Miss Owens."

Inside, I was quivering in fear and I felt incredibly defeated. He was them. The guys who snatched my mum away right in front of my eyes and beated my dad until he was black and blue. This Mr Redford guy was definitely one of them. I was almost positive.

Taking a seat, my hands trembled in fear. Did he recognise me? He must do. He was one of the guys who were sending me threatening notes. I gulped as his beady eyes gave me a once over before a cruel smirk curled upon his face.

Moving forward, Mr Redford narrowed his eyes at me before moving further towards me. He was so close to me when suddenly the door to the classroom swung open with great power, hitting the wall beside it.

Mason scanned around the room until his eyes landed on us, "What are you doing?"

I watched as Mason's jaw clenched and his eyes glared over at Redford.

"I was just having a little chat to Leia here about the topic," he smiled cunningly. "Weren't we, Miss Owens?"
The look on his face petrified me so I involuntarily nodded with shaking hands and twitching legs.

Mason glanced at me suspiciously and stomped over to the chair next to me to sit down. With his glare still etched into his face, he began to speak, "So, Sir. What've we got to do then?"

Redford coughed and scratched his chin in thought, "She has asked you both to work as pairs to work on the topic you are doing. Now, do you know the topic you are doing?"

"Nahh," Mason snorted, propping his legs onto the desk in front of him. "I don't bother coming to class, sir. It's pointless."

Mr Redford flamed red and clenched his fists, struggling not to punch him. Gosh, I felt his pain. Mason was an irritating prick that deserved to be smacked in his beautiful face.

"Pointless? Pointless is you barging into this classroom when you have no interest in actually learning anything!"

Mason scowled, took his legs off of the table and then stood up so fast that I could hardly blink before it happened, "Don't bloody tell me what I do and don't have interest for, you cranky son of a-"

"Maggot," I interrupted, keeping him from swearing at the teacher, more like murderer, but hey. Beggars can't be choosers.

"What?" Mason spun around and tilted his head in confusion at me. It was kinda adorable.

"Mr Daniels, I suggest you go outside and reconsider your actions," Mr Redford yelled before sending me a freaky smile.

Catching the smile, Mason stayed quiet and darted a baffled look my way. He didn't get it.

"No, mate. I've decided to stay here," Mason grinned at him, now facing Redford. "I like the idea of working with Leia over here."

Mr Redford growled under his breath so lowly that I was surprised I had heard it. He inaudibly muttered something and stomped over to the computer to finally give us our work. He scared me so much that my legs hadn't stopped twitching.

I was so terrified that my voice would tremor and tell him how I really felt on the inside if I spoke a full sentence.

Mr Redford was watching every move I made and I just crumbled under his gaze like someone bashing a rolling pin against a bag of biscuits.

"Sir, could I speak to you about something," Mason spoke up, getting up from his chair and walking over to Redford.

As Mason sent a reassuring smile behind his shoulder, I found myself smiling back. I was grateful for that. Incredibly grateful. I was starting to like the irritating prick. In some ways any way. He still was annoying.

____________________________________________________________________________

Oh my gosh, two updates within a day. I am on a roll. Although they were short, they're still updates, right? How did you like Mason in this chapter? He was so cute, wasn't he? And was that thing with Mr Redford predictable. I think it was. I'm not very good with those things. One of my friends guessed this and they were right. Well done, Abbie! Anyway feel free to comment and leave a vote if you liked. I will see you soon my lovelies <3
Gem Gems