THIRTY

A loud noise rang in my ears before I realised what was happening. It was like everything was in slow motion once I watched as they began clutching their side. Shaking my head, I felt tears cascade down my face.

"Nooooo!!" I screamed out, sprinting over to the body that slowly dropped to the floor with blood seaping out from their torso. "Don't do this to me. Please!"

*
*
*
*

I blankly stared at Mason as he told everyone his 'brilliant' plan. I would have agreed if it wasn't for me being armed with a gun.

"Mason, I don't want a gun," I stated seriously, sitting on the edge of the kitchen counter.

"You may not want one, Leia," Mason said, grabbing a gun from Ashley and slamming it into my hands. "But you need one."

Narrowing my eyes at him, I pocketed the gun into my belt around my waist. Yep, he even gave each of us a belt to put our dangerous weapon in.

Clutching onto my shoulders, he leaned in and whispered, "It's gonna be alright. No-one's gonna get hurt, ok?"

I nodded, averting my eyes to the floor with a sigh. Jumping off, I glanced around me to see everyone getting ready.

"And anyway, I'm sure you'll look great with a gun," he smirked deviously.

Chuckling at his silly remark, I turned to Ashley as she started rummaging through my fridge.

"Find anything you like?" I smiled at her whilst watching Ashley's face flame up in embarrassment.

"Sorry, I was a bit peckish," she mentioned sheepishly, taking out my Cadbury's Dairy milk chocolate bar from the fridge.

"Really? Chocolate? How is that going to satisfy​ your hunger?" I giggled light-heartedly.

Ashley shrugged before proceeding to unwrap the chocolate bar and take a delicious bite from the creamy goodness.

"Ok...you have fun with that," I drawled out, and strolled swiftly to a hard-working Arthur.

"Now why would they be here of all places? I mean it's creepy yeah but-" Arthur cut his mumbling off once he looked upwards to see an intrigued teenage girl glancing at his work.

"Yes?" He said, tilting his head to the side in curiosity.

"I heard you found w-where my m-mum might be," I stammered awkwardly, feeling incredibly weird.

Nodding his head, he pointed to the screen.

42 Twiddleston rd.

My grandmother's house? What was he doing there?

"It's alright, you know? Thanks for keeping us a secret," he suddenly told me, confusing me a little.

"Keeping what a secret?" I asked, feeling myself flame up.

"I saw you," he informed me. "When Kane and I were together."

"Ohhh, you mean in the hallway?" I cringed, wincing a bit afterwards.

"Yes, I could sense someone's presence and saw a glimpse of you before you took off in the other direction," he explained, nodding along with what he was saying.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Didn't really know if anyone saw me."

"I'm sorry about what Kane did to you. I would have been scared too if Kane ever did something like that to me. I mean he does but in a sort of loving way uhh...you get my gist," he continued on, flinching at his own response.