THIRTY TWO

It was over. Everything bad was finally over. My mum was home, Mr Meat was in jail and Mason recovered from his injury.

Although my father was dead, Mason's father, Henry, was in jail for it. Mason didn't have any marks left on his body for Henry to go to jail for abuse. I missed my father dearly but I couldn't dwell on it. At least, I still had my mum. Mason didn't have any parents left.

However, it didn't mean he would get sent to an orphanage because Mason was eighteen. A legal adult.

Apparently, his mum had some money left over after her death so it all went to Mason. We didn't understand why Henry didn't use it but he was in jail. Hopefully for good.

"Mum, I missed you so much. I mean I thought you were dead!" I cried out once I arrived at home after going to the hospital.

When I got back home, my mum was sitting on my bed waiting for me to get home. It was such a relief to see her well.

"Mason, looked after me," she smiled, her eyes watering up making them look glossy. "I owe him my life."

"I owe him mine too," I replied, wrapping my arms around her as my eyes pricked with tears. "I don't know what I would do if both of you were gone. I'm not even eighteen yet!"

Stroking my hair back like old times, my mum whispered into my hair, "And I'm glad I got to see you when you reached that important age in your life."

Pulling back, she studied my face and choked on a sob as she got out, "Lei-Lei, look at yourself. You're all grown up and you're so courageous. You used to be afraid of flies honey and now you're fearless. Just like your daddy."

Feeling my eyes well up again, I hid my face into her chest. I hated my mum to see me cry. It made me feel guilty for some reason. It made me feel like I wasn't being strong enough for her.

"We're going to be ok now," she cooed, continuing to stroke my hair and kiss my head softly.

That time I believed it.

*
*
*
*
It was a few weeks after everything had happened and my life was going in the right direction. I was feeling happier with all of my friends and Mason who was my beautiful boyfriend. It was quite funny how he asked me.

Mason managed to steal my rubbish car, my mum probably helped him, and easily parked it in the school's car park. You're probably wondering how my car was working, right?

Mason had miraculously fixed it. I didn't know how. He was just a wizard.

Anyway Mason, stole my car keys form the glove box and switched it with a letter, containing a special message that said "Will you be my girlfriend?"

When he asked me to find my car keys and insert them in the hole, I ended up finding the letter instead. You could probably see where it was going so I won't explain anymore.

And here we were, swinging on a park swing set in the sunny afternoon.

"I never got to say thank you," I stated, swinging gently on the swing.

I let the wind blow my hair about and I let my barefeet touch the grass. It was a beautiful day out in the park so I had to invite Mason along.

"About what?" He wondered, copying my actions.

"Saving my mum," I replied briefly.

"She was a woman in need, Leia. Of course I wouldn't leave her," my boyfriend answered, stopping himself on the swing.

My boyfriend. I liked that.

"Now I've got to say something," he jumped up, standing directly in front of me.

"What's that? You've the won the lottery again?" I scoffed, glancing down at whatever he was holding.

No, he never actually won the lottery. He just joked about it.

"Better than that actually," he muttered, holding my hand and kneeling down right in front of my feet.

"What are you doing?" I chuckled at his weird behaviour.

"This ring here Owens," he showed me the beautiful ring that had amazing intricate designs on the inside. "Is a promise ring. To always be with you through thick and thin. I want to be here for you for eternity."

My eyes filled with tears at the meaningful words. The fact he was here for me was enough. He didn't need to buy me a ring to prove his loyalty.

"And hopefully when we get older, Owens. Another ring with signify my love for you," he bluntly informed me.
Smiling at his cheesiness, I took the ring and was about to slide it onto my finger when he stopped me.

"Let me do it," he insisted. "For practice."

Blushing a deep red, I glanced down at the ground.

"Hey, let me look at you when I do it," he grinned, tilting my head gently up by my chin.

Staring into my eyes, he slid the ring onto my finger. I gazed into his forest eyes as I let Mason stroke my cheek once he was finished sliding on the ring. I voluntarily closed my eyes and waited for the feeling of his warm lips on mine.

Feeling his hot breath brush against my lips, I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly. Smashing his lips onto mine, I melted in his touch. I loved him so much. He was addicting.

Pulling away shortly, he whispered, "Why don't we go somewhere else so we don't scar some of the kids around us?"

"Hmm, sounds like you want to play fair for once," I laughed lightly, brushing the back of his head.

"Would you want your kids seeing some teenagers snogging?" He asked me.

"Nah, they might get ideas," I answered.

"Precisely."

"Mason, can you take me home please?" I pleaded, pouting at him and giving him the puppy dog eyes.

"Depends," he shrugged nonchalantly.
"On what?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"If you're​ going to talk to the car again."

"Hey that was one time!" I groaned out, getting out of his cosy hold and stomping my foot like a toddler.

"I've caught you one time," he teased. "You've probably done it more than once, Craze."

And he was right that time. I probably did talk to my car a lot. But it was my baby.

Clutching on a laughing Mason's hand tightly, I dragged him in the direction to the car.

Who knew that Mason, the egotistical guy, would be the one to help me survive through everything that life threw at me. I certainly didn't anyway. Nor did he.
____________________________________________________________________________

*Cries in corner*

Oh my fellow wattpadians, the story has come to an end. Please let me know if the story turned out good in the comments and don't forget to hit the 🌟 icon in the corner. Heh, the vote button.

Hopefully, I will do an epilogue next chapter. That's if I get round to doing it.

I will see you soon my lovelies <3

Gem Gems