4| Turn of Events

I was back in Russia, in my dance studio, doing lots of stretching. The convention was tomorrow, and I had been practicing my butt off to finish my ballet solo and perfect my lyrical one. I had finished the ballet yesterday and pulled an all nighter in my apartment to clean it. There was one problem however.

In my lyrical solo I had a forward illusion. Nothing I couldn't handle, but not my good side either. I had finally gotten my leg up, but my arm was coming down while I was turning. Which was why I was currently stretching out my legs in the studio so I could run it for tomorrow.

I was on my own today, so it was just me and my thoughts and the music to help me figure this out. I did the prep, a turn on releve and a turn in plie and then... bang. I made the full circle of the illusion, but stepped out weird because I had compromised my core. (A/N OK LEMME EXPLAIN. Using your core helps you balance. An illusion is an upside down turn. bam done. no hate plz.)

I sighed, brushing my hands on my dance shorts. This was going to be a long rehearsal.

-

Yuri Plisetsky POV - Days Prior

"Hag! Give me back my phone!" I yelled at Mila, who had previously stolen my phone while I was on Instagram and was cackling maniacally.

"Nope!" She laughed, tapping my screen a few times before throwing my phone at me. I fumbled as I caught said phone and looked at the screen to see what she had done.

My face turned to a scowl when I saw what she had done. "Why am I following her?"

"Oh? You know her?"

"She tried to kill me one night."

"What!"

"She deliberately ran into me the other night."

"That's not attempted murder Yurio" Mila sighed.

"Don't call me that!" I snapped back at the annoying girl. "Why am I following her anyway?"

"Because, she's one of my favorite professional dancers ever and my friend! You know she's performing at a convention here in Russia that my other friend is going to see! You should watch her and get some skating tips!"

I rolled my eyes. "Over my dead body."

Mila sighed. "Whatever. She already accepted your request anyway."

"What!"
-
Valentina's POV
I put on my lyrical shoes in my dressing room. Ten minutes. I was escorted to the stage. Five minutes. I shook my head to make sure my bun was secure, adjusted my flowing blue costume and walked on stage. Show time.

As the music started, I was confident, gliding along with the song and embracing the words. Never let me go...

Turn, Turn, leap. I felt alive. Nothing could possibly go wrong and steal this moment from me.

Famous last words.

I prepped for the turns and illusion, my feet coming together and then apart and then I was over and felt it. My thigh fully rotated around while my calf stayed planted on the ground.

I crumpled to the ground with a cry as hot sharp pain roared up my leg. Tears began to flow freely and I caught a glimpse of my leg. My calf was completely turned away from the other side of my leg, having dislocated my knee and torn my ligaments completely I could hear shouting and gasps as the audience looked upon my sobbing form.

Someone had come over to me, a paramedic maybe? They were moving me on to my back, which hurt a lot. I gave out a scream when they picked me up and put me on a stretcher.

One thought kept running through my head.

Could I still dance?
-
Anna's POV (OOOHHHH this is new)

My parents were sitting together at the kitchen table, watching a live stream of my sister they had found online. They kept 'oohing' and 'aahhing' over every move.

Valentina and I were nothing alike. She didn't care about much, and I cared about everything, down to the wing on my liner. I was snapped out of my own thoughts when I heard a scream from the kitchen. I ran inside to see mom sobbing over the family laptop while my dad was looking at... plane tickets to Russia?

Taking a look at the screen I felt like I was going to be sick. The image of Valentina laying on a heap on the ground with her leg going in a direction that definitely wasn't natural was horrifying. "Anna, go get Dimitry. Now." My dad ordered. "We have a plane to Russia to catch in an hour."

An hour?! I just nodded and ran to the ice rink where Dimitry was watching Yuri practice. I burst in, almost forgetting that I had tears streaming down my face. I ran in past Yuko to Dimitry who instantly ran to me. "What happened? What's wrong?" He asked frantically grabbing my shoulders and staring into my eyes.

Yuri and Victor got distracted and came over to where we were. "What's going on?" Yuri asked.

"It's Valentina..."

Dimitry's face began to cloud with worry. "What..."

"She's hurt. In Russia, there's probably a video of it on YouTube. She turned and her leg... It didn't move and her knee isn't where it should be... And... Oh God we just need to go we are going to Russia in an hour."

"Valentina? As in the little girl that didn't like Yurio?" Victor asked, confused.

Yuri nodded. "She grew up with us."

I shook my head as more tears spilled out. "We need to go now Dimitry."

Dimitry nodded mutely as he processed the information then took my hand and bolted out.
-
Yurio's POV
(A/N I know I know, you love all of the POV switches)
As I was working on my free skate, I heard a strangled gasp from Mila who was staring at her phone. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "What?" I snapped at her.

"You know my friend Valentina?"

"The hag?"

"Shut up Yurio, she's hurt! Her career is probably over!" My interest was suddenly peaked.

"What happened?" I asked as Mila rewound a YouTube stream.

"Look." She said, pointing to the screen. I watched as the piglet's friend did some turn and then dislocated her knee. Mila stopped the stream. "Ugh, and at the peak of her career too."

I shrugged. "Eh."

I heard Mila mutter something incoherent but it sounded a lot like, "heartless."

Whatever, I've got a free skate to learn.
-
Words: 1094

DANG SON

SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED RECENTLY, IVE BEEN REALLY BUSY.

AS IN, SCHOOL WANTS ME DEAD, SCIENCE COMPETITION, AND DANCE RECITAL CRAZY.

\(•~•)/ send help ASAP

Anyway, I'll be updating more frequently soon, so don't give up yet!

-Panda~Chan

PS: "RIN ITS TIME TO STOP" -Panda watching Ep. 12 of Free! Iwatobi Swim Club