11| The Flower Princess

A princess going up against a queen, fighting to take her throne. Harsh crystals defending a regime of lowly flowers. But these weren't ordinary flowers, these roses had thorns.
-
Yuri
"Please welcome #542 Valentina Nikolaev to the stage with Flower Princess." As Valentina stepped onto the stage, I could feel my heart racing. She seemed so peaceful, but her eyes told a story. A story of triumph. As the applause died down, I figured that I had nothing else to lose than my dignity, so why not lose it?

"DAVAI!" I shouted so she could hear me. Her lowered head twitched with either recognition or annoyance, I couldn't tell. But one thing I could, she was nervous. If she had seen Mei's routine, there was every reason for her to be.

Come on Val...

The music began, a sweet tune of peace and love. Valentina's body moved with it. Then, when you thought the music had softened to nothing, it picked up again.

Valentina was a princess. If Mei had been a queen, then Valentina was a princess fighting for the throne, reigning peacefully over her subjects. She flew across the stage, every move was beautifully articulated, a vibrating song.

I would be lying if I said she wasn't beautiful.

When the music ended, I wanted it back. I wanted to see her dance again. It was as though she was born for the stage. When the applause started, I was fully aware that I was the loudest, but I didn't care.
-
Valentina
As I left the stage, I felt three emotions come over me. I wanted to laugh, I wanted to cry, an I wanted to punch Yuri Plisetsky in the face. Well, the third one was always there, so really just the first two. I had preformed my best, I had been as graceful as a waving flower... I think.

My suspicions were confirmed when two arms wrapped around me and spun me around, careful not to crush my tutu. Mei smiled at me. "You were wonderful!" She exclaimed, her hands resting on my shoulders.

"So were you!" I praised. We both giggled.

"May the best royalty win!" She said mock-serious before giving me another hug and waltzing off to her dressing room.

I walked into mine to find my three supporters with large smiles. Well, two smiling and one frowning at his phone as per usual.

He looked up when he saw me. "Uh... Good job...I guess."

I smirked and rolled my eyes. "Thanks Mr. Davai." Yuri's face burned red and he hid back in his phone.

"Now, opening the Hip Hop division we have #543 Abby Monroe with Pulse!"

"One sec." I told my entourage before rushing back side stage to find the rest of the Five side stage for Abby's routine. She wore red baggy sweats and a black turtleneck crop top with large hoop earrings and a red hat.

Her routine was stunning to say the least. I was never coordinated enough to do Hip Hop, so seeing her execute it perfectly was amazing.

"Next we have #544 Mika Yamamoto with Move!"

She was also stunning. It was a known fact that Abby was the Hip Hop queen, but if Mika kept it up, Abby could be getting a run for her money. "She is good." T observed when Mika in her yellow and black costume exited the stage.

Chloè nodded. "Yeah. But no hate, Abby is still my top pick."

"Aww thanks!" Abby appeared behind us. "Only five more dances to go before awards!"

We all laughed. "Then it's my turn is it not?" Chloè piped up.

"Moving into Jazz please welcome #545 Chloè Antoine to the stage with Show Stealer!"

Chloè did what we called 'controlling the stage.' It was like she was the overall ruler of it, owning it and using it to her advantage. When she exited, she was out of breath from her fast paced combo.

"Our next category is Lyrical, so please welcome #546 Elizabeth Clover to the stage with Breathe!"

During Elizabeth's dance, I caught a glimpse of T's face. Shock. T was normally the top of the top in Lyrical, but this Elizabeth girl was definitely a challenge. She graced the stage with her beauty, turning it into her home, her sanctuary. To top it off, what I didn't know at the beginning...

Elizabeth was only 13. It was a stretch to T's 19. Abby and Mika were both 17, Mei was 16, and I came in with Chloè at 15. She was little, but formidable. Thankfully she was a super soloist, along with Mika, so she wasn't a threat for overalls.

Elizabeth exited the stage, and T stepped up to the wing. This was were the real show was. "Now welcome to the stage #547 T to the stage with Battlefield!"

As expected of T, she was on another level. She was like a bird on the stage. Every movement had a purpose as she soared.

As she walked off, the applause was loud and roaring. "Finally in contemporary we have #548 Elizabeth Clover with Run!" This was followed by "...#549 Mika Yamamoto with Truth!" Both dances were close competition, but I couldn't pick a definite winner out alone.

But then, the moment of truth... "Would all dancers please come to the stage for awards!" All seven of us entered, Abby joining Elizabeth and Mika on one side and the rest of us on the other. A nice red carpet was rolled out and the announcer lady stepped up with her microphone. Blah, blah, blah, thanks for coming out, you all win, blah, blah, blah. The usual. Then they explained the point system. Silver, then gold, then high gold, platinum, and finally diamond.

"On to our category awards! In Contemporary, second place, platinum, goes to #549 Truth! First place, platinum... #548 Run!

"Moving on to Jazz, #545 Show Stealer, first place, diamond!" I've only known five people to get diamond. Chloè, T, Abby, Mei, and me.

"In Lyrical, we have a second place diamond, #547 Battlefield!"

WHAT.

As long as I've been competing against T, I've never seen her get anything but first. And here we have a second place. The other four of us were silent as we processed this. "First place, diamond, is #546 Breathe!" Looking at T, she didn't look sad or mad, but happy.

"She has potential." Was all she said. "Make room for her in the five."

"In Hip Hop we have a second place, platinum, for #544 Move, and in first place with a diamond, Pulse #544!"

"Finally in our Ballet division..."
-
Words: 1105

Ya'll are gonna hate me for this, but I really wanted a cliffhanger lol

Love ya!!
-Panda~Chan