16| Fine

I was comfortable with the music, letting it set me free on stage. I am a flower princess, this is my kingdom. I will protect them.

At least until...my music cuts off.

-

A resounding click signified me that something was wrong. Very wrong. I knew the dance wasn't over, I still has another half to go...

So where was the music?

My eyes widened and I felt the sudden urge to vomit. My worst fears were coming true. Halfway through the dance my music had just stopped. Notta. Nothing. Nihil. Zilch.

I had to keep going. Despite my lingering fears and hesitations I stepped into my next turn, racking my brain as though it were a mental mp3 player. Then it began. Clapping.

It started out as one person, but then grew. A clapping of the beat of the song. A smile found its way back to my face. Even when there's no music, you have to keep dancing.

-

Yuri

I was watching her intensely. The way she embraced the music. It's what set her aside from the competition, her appreciation for the music. But then it happened. The music was there one second and gone the next, like a fading memory. From a distance I could watch her eyes widen in fear in time with my own. No way. It's rare for music to stop during a competition, especially a larger one like this.

I could feel her anxiety rolling off of her in waves as she continued to dance. Without even thinking of it, I put my hands together in the steady beat of the music. I clapped as loud as I could, causing Mrs. Baranovskaya and Yakov to follow suit around me. Then tens, and twenties, before the whole audience was keeping time. It was as though a match had been lit.

As soon as she exited the stage I broke into a sprint to the backstage area where I found her being congratulated and patted on the back by other dancers. She didn't see me so I figured I would wait at the door to her dressing room. I was proud, but I more just wanted to see my girlfriend. Dancers were shuffling around in the hallway, bumping into me as I waited. I huffed and rolled my eyes. Annoying people.

"Yuri!"

My head snapped up to see valentina running towards me, her hair still neatly secured in a bun and her costume on. She tackled me in a hug. "Woah hey, don't suffocate me." I grumbled, still not used to her frequent tackling hugs. I was still getting used to the fact that Valentina was my girlfriend, more importantly my friend. It seemed as though only yesterday we were fighting in loud and crazy voices. Me insulting her and she insulting me back. But Val had changed me, for the better. Even still, I was the Russian punk, my "annoying" side as she called it was still as prominent as ever.

"Sorry." She chuckled, pulling back. Now I could see tears in her eyes.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, wiping her cheeks, "No crying!"

She began to chuckle. "I can't help it! I don't know whether to be happy or upset!"

"Happy duh." I told her. "I'm here."
-
Valentina
After rendezvousing with Yuri backstage, I excused myself to change. When I met with him again, he was with Mrs. Baranovskaya and Yakov. I ran at Mrs. Baranovskaya full force, tackling her in a hug. "I have no idea what happened." She chuckled. "But you have to do it again later, ok?"

I just nodded mutely. I was completely exhausted, and really just wanted to spend time with Yuri and the rest of my dance friends. Speaking of which, where were they? "Mrs. Baranovskaya, have you seen T or the others?"

She shook her head. "Not yet, they might be showing up later. I'll keep an eye out. Right now, I would rest seeing as you have to dance again later."

"Right." I agreed. "Could we go back to the hotel? I could use a nap."

"Of course." Mrs. Baranovskaya complied, turning to lead us out of the auditorium. Yuri laced his hand with mine as we walked, pulling me into his side.

As soon as we stepped outside, we were swarmed with reporters. Some were for Yuri, some for me. "Valentina, are you dating Yuri Plisetsky?"Valentina, what happened to your music? Yuri, why are you at a dance competition?"

Yuri just held my hand tighter and yelled at the reporters, making them back off in fear of the Russian Punk. "Get out of the way scumbags!" He yelled pulling me with him. I just laughed as I broke through the crowds. Mrs. Baranovskaya was trying to politely push through the crowds, but they just kept closing in like wild predators. When Yuri and I broke through the crowd, we were a considerable distance from our coaches. So large a gap was between us that I didn't even see them.

"Yuri, where's everyone?" I asked him.

He just shrugged. "Don't know, don't care, let's just go back to the hotel."

"Yuri, the hotels this way."

"Don't tell me what to do!"
-
Yuri and I reunited with the adults back at the hotel, where we got a nice scolding. "You can't just run off like that! What if you had gotten lost in London." Thats right, London.

"Whatever you old bags." Yuri muttered before he proceeded to drag me into the hotel and up to the room where the four of us were staying. It was actually two rooms that connected, but it was really easier to say one. Once in the room, I kicked off my shoes and flipped on the large queen bed that belonged to me, still in my shirt and leggings. Yuri proceeded to flop down next to me, shedding his 'Russia' jacket leaving him in athletic pants and a tee.

I laughed. "Get out."

"No." Was his simple reply.

I raised an eyebrow in mock surprise. "Want to run that by me again?"

Yuri tsked. "Yeah. No. Now shut up so I can sleep."

"Yuri, I'm giving you ten seconds to get out of my bed so I can sleep."

"No."

"10...9...8...7"

"Shut up."

"6...5..."

"Val..." Yuri grumbled lowly.

"The names not Val. 4...3"

"Val, I'm warning you." Yuri sounded mad. Really mad. Almost scary mad.

"2..."

"Val!" Yuri's voice was rising.

I just smirked. "1. NOW GET OUT."

"VAL!" Yuri roared at the same time I yelled. My voiced faded to a mere whisper, my eyes locking with Yuri's green ones. They were a cold sea foam color, but behind them a wild red fire was blazing. He sighed and flipped over on his side. "Sorry."

I rolled my eyes. "For what?"

"Are we really doing this?"

"Maybe."

"Fine. I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"Thank you." I responded smugly.

He turned back to face me and wrapped me in his arms, his eyes closed as though he was trying to fall asleep. Oh wait... that's what he was doing... "Shush. Sleep."

I chuckled before closing my eyes. "Fine."
-
Words: 1194
YEE
So we hit 2k reads! Whooooooooo! Thank you all SO much for reading this, it means a lot! Book is coming to a close faster than you think... There's only one competition left before Grand Prix...

OH SAUCY

Oh geez, send help.
Hope you enjoyed!
-Panda~Chan