7| Plane Rides Are Bad

I was finally back to full time dancing at the studio, which I had to admit, made my life ten times more complicated with tutoring for school. This was only going to get more hectic, as Mrs. Baranovskaya approached me after a ballet class. "Valentina, there's a competition in Canada this weekend." She paused, "Do you want to attend?"

I nodded my head excitedly. "My ballet solo?" I begged, asking her to perform. It had been far too long since I had seen the stage. Besides, I wasn't in a hurry to do that lyrical solo again.

She grinned. "Of course. Stay safe this time. Meet here on Wednesday. Skate Canada is also that week so we are going to be traveling there with Yakov and Yuri. Is that okay?"

I cringed at Yuri's name. Sure, we had become somewhat civil, but it was still difficult to be kind most times. "S-sure." I muttered.

Mrs. Baranovskaya chuckled before walking back to her class. "I still don't see why you two don't get along."

"For obvious reasons." I grumbled before I went home to prepare for the week ahead.

-

I stood at the door to the studio on Wednesday morning with my luggage, waiting for the final three to arrive.

Finally they did and I loaded my stuff into the car to go to the airport. Since Mrs. Baranovskaya was in the passenger seat and Yakov was driving, Yuri and I were in the back, arms crossed and refusing to say anything. I heard Mrs. Baranovskaya sigh. "Can you two please be kind and civil for once?"

"Fine." I mumbled, "Hi, Yuri."

Yuri glared at me before mumbling back. "Hey, Val."

I faced him. "Why do you call me Val? That's not my name idiot."

"Because Valentina is too long." He scowled. "Just leave me alone."

The rest of the car ride was silent after that. I stared out the window while Yuri stalked his instagram. That reminded me... "Yuri, if you hate me so much, why did you follow me on instagram?" I accused, smirking at the blonde.

His face flushed in embarrassment. "Mila made me."

I was sent into a fit of giggles. Mila and I were close friends and I remember dancing a bit with her when I first moved back to Russia. "You could have unfollowed me."

"I forgot." He murmured, hiding his face behind his hair.

"We're here kids!" Yakov shouted, knocking us out of our conversation. "Get your bags."

We retrieved our things from the car before it was taken away to be valet parked at the airport. I wheeled my blue luggage to check in where it was weighed and taken away, leaving me with my dance bag as my carry on. Inside the inner pockets I had stuffed all my essentials for the plane ride, aka my phone, charger, and a book. We made our way through security, which I hated because I wasn't over seventy years old so I had to take off my shoes and jacket. Honestly it took me longer to retie my tennis shoes then go through the stupid machine that proved that no, I was not a criminal. Long story short, I hate how long security takes.

Yuri, I hate to say, made it much more bearable with his lovely roasts on Mrs. Baranovskaya and Yakov. I quote: 'Why are you taking your shoes off?' 'The sign says, and then Yuri, "Only for people under seventy, not old hags like you.' This had me cracking up until he began to go after me. 'You too Val, you shouldn't need to follow that sign due to your age.'

I swear, if Yuri makes it out of this trip alive, it'll be a miracle. Our flight didn't leave until three in the afternoon, which left us time to eat and plan ways to kill Yuri. Oh wait, I mean improve Yuri's skate. I sighed, reminded of my unfinished choreography. If only there was still a way to finish it. Mrs. Baranovskaya told me to run my choreography, but I insisted that I wasn't stretched and it would look weird to have me doing a ballet dance in an airport. She protested, but I said I would do it in the hotel to compromise.

Yuri however, had no problem stretching and doing scorpions and splits in the airport, attracting curious onlookers and fans alike. A couple of Yuri's angels had even showed up to add on to the chaos. At one point I was approached by a girl with black hair styled like Yuri's. "Are you and Yuri together?" She asked, her eyes shining with excitement.

"N-no!" I sputtered, my cheeks flaming with anger and embarrassment. "What makes you think that?"

"He took a picture and tagged you in it!" She told me, pulling out her phone and opening her Instagram. The first picture was of yuri stretching and me in the background on my phone. Apparently I was tagged and he commented. 'I don't know why she's here but she is.'

Thanks Yuri.

"Flight 157, you may now begin boarding." The loudspeaker clicked to life. "Starting with first class." Oh hey, that's me. I grabbed my dance bag, or as I like to call it myt black hole of shoes, and lined up to get on the flight with the crew. We were ushered to a booth looking thing with two windows and a privacy curtain. How fancy. I sat down next to the window and pulled out my phone to set it to silent and put it on airplane mode. The other three did the same. Yuri ended up sitting next to me, seeing as Mrs. Baranovskaya sat on the other side and he was in no hurry to sit by her. The lesser of two evils right?

The waitress/hostess lady or whatever they're called soon came around to offer us drinks. "Pretzels and a coke please." I told her when she looked at me. Yuri got a bag of chips and a sprite, and Mrs. Baranovskaya and Yakov split a bottle of wine and some peanuts.

The lady soon returned, her blonde hair swishing as she clacked by in her stilettos. "Here you go." She said sweetly. Then she faced me and Yuri, smiling. "Such a cute young couple."

Both Yuri and I's faces blushed bright red and Yuri ducked his head to hide behind his head. "W-We aren't together." I told the woman quickly, waving my hands around. Yakov and Mrs. Baranovskaya were just laughing behind their hands. Because that's how you show support guys. Way to go.

"Denial...!" The lady giggled before leaving us be. I looked over to the side to see Yuri flushed and biting his lip, rubbing it between his teeth.

"Do you have something to say?" I asked him.

He looked up, alarmed. "N-no..." He muttered before going back on Instagram.

Yuri Plisetsky, you confuse me.

-

Words: 1143

HEY GUYS ITS THAT ONE WEIRDO AGAIN

anyway hi.

So I'm sick right now, joy, and IDK what I'm doing with my life.

Send help

Bye!