comfort [e]

your whole body was shaking as you read over the text from your mom multiple times, trying to process the words written in it.

"your sister/ brother has been hospitalized. she's/ he's  in critical health. come tomorrow, not tonight, there's no visitors allowed at the moment. i love you."

you couldn't hold back the sobs anymore, the salty tears running down your face. your sister/ brother had always been there for you and finding out that they had been put in the hospital and you weren't allowed to see them, made your blood boil. but you couldn't help but wonder what had happened for them to be hospitalized.

by now you were full on sobbing, not caring if ethan heard you from inside the other room. your body continued to shake from each sob and you tried to even your breathing but nothing seemed to help; it looked as if you'd have to wait until you ran out of tears before you'd be able to stop crying.

"babe? y/n?" you heard Ethan's footsteps walking down the hallway down to your room. "are you okay?" he asked, the door still closed.

"e-ethan," you managed to choke out and the door flew open to reveal a worried looking ethan.

he immediately engulfed you in a hug, not asking why you were crying. one of his hands ran through your hair and the other rubbed your back soothingly. your tears fell onto his soft skin; he had taken a shower not to long ago, hence why he was shirtless.

"ssh, baby girl, i'm here, it's okay," he whispered softly, kissing your temple and continuing to run his hand through your hair.

you continued to cry into his shoulder until he broke the hug and wiped the tears off your face, moving your hair out of your face in the process.

"what's wrong, baby?" he asked quietly, knowing that when you're sad you preferred everything to be quiet.

"y/s/n (your siblings name) is in the h-hospital. she/ he is in c-critical health, according to my m-mom," you stared deeply into his eyes, seeing him looking right back at you.

"do you know what happened?" he asked, wiping off more tears.

"n-no, I don't know," you responded, managing to calm your cries. "i'm just scared, ethan, what if she/ he dies? and i'm not there! They said no visitors allowed! she/ he could die any minute and i wouldn't be allowed to say goodbye!" you spat, sadness turning to anger.

"y/n," he spoke cautiously, knowing that when you're angry things could get out of control easily if he made one wrong move, "i'm sure she/ he will be fine, if she's/ he's anything like you, a fighter, she'll/ he'll be fine," ethan sat down on your bed, pulling you down with him.

you calmed yourself and held onto ethan's hands tightly. "thank you, ethan," you rested your head on his shoulder and closed your eyes.

"go to sleep, baby," he said, beginning to play with your hair again.

"butt wh-"

"i'll stay up to see if your mom or dad text or call you, okay? and i'll wake you up as soon as i hear news," he interrupted you.

"i love you," you murmured, lying down on the bed, ethan pulling the covers up over you and kissing your forehead.

"i love you too."

lol this was shitty