honest [g]

based off honest by shawn mendes

gray baby 💗
can we meet on adelaide street?

you
ofc, see you there baby boy:)
read

you parked your car on the side of the street and saw grayson sitting outside at a coffee shop. you skipped up to him with the biggest smile on your face. he saw you coming and forced a smile back, not in the mood to smile.

"hey!" you said cheerfully.

"hey," he replied.

"what'd ya wanna talk about?" you asked, sitting down across from him.

"y/n, i need you to listen, okay?" he suddenly became serious.

"o-of course," you said back, confused.

"i need to tell you that what i'm about to say isn't your fault. god, i'll probably regret it. but, it kills me is the worst part of all, is that i hate to hurt you,"

"gray, you're scaring me," you said softly.

he kept talking. "i got to be honest, y/n. i can't give you what you need. you deserve more than i can promise and i'm just trying to be honest. you know that i'm sorry, but this relationship isn't working,"

"gray! this relationship is the best thing to ever happen to me!" you shakily replied, eyes clouded with tears.

"i'm holding you back. every feeling i felt was honest and sincere and that you were different. and when we kissed i felt like that kid in love. but you're not following your dream, y/n. you'd be better off without me,"

"don't s-say that!" tears spilled out of your eyes.

grayson stood up and went over to your side of the table, kissing your forehead.

"goodbye,"

"grayson!" you called out after him, but it was no use.

he was gone.