snapchat [e] pt 2

you couldn't stand to stay at ethan and grayson's house. for the past three hours you had been crying in grayson's arms.

"gray, i think i'm gonna go," you sniffled, wiping more tears off of your face.

"y/n, are you okay to drive?" he asked, a concerned look plastered on his face.

"i'll be okay," you lied, faking a smile.

"y/n," he warned, "i'm your best friend. don't think i don't know when you're lying."

"grayson i don't want ethan to come home and see me like this, okay?" you grabbed your purse and slipped your shoes back on.

"y/n i-"

"gray, i'll be fine," you said, shutting the door without waiting for a response.

of course you would run into ethan.

you knew you looked like shit with your makeup all screwed up, mascara running down your face and eyes red and puffy.

"y/n?" ethan asked curiously. "what's wrong?"

you tried to come up with a lie. "my dog died!"

he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "you don't have a dog."

shit.

"my mom's dog died," you added on, hoping he'd believe you.

ethan clearly did not but he knew whatever was going on, you didn't want to talk about so he left it alone.

"how was, uh, your date, or whatever it was?" you asked.

"oh! it was fine, she wasn't exactly what i hoped her to be like. i guess i just gotta stick to liking a girl who doesn't like me back!" he awkwardly chuckled.

"wait, she doesn't like you back?" you asked, clearly confused.

"no, no, well yeah, but i'm saying that i guess i have to continue lovi- liking," he quickly corrected himself, "a girl that doesn't, and will never, like me back."

"i'm sure that's not true," your heart broke once again after hearing there was another girl he liked that wasn't you.

it was silent for a while, the both of you standing outside his front door.

"um, what does the girl you like look like?" you truly wanted to know who she looked like.

ethan began to describe the opposite of you. only because he didn't want you to know that he liked you.

more tears welled in your eyes as you walked away, not wanting to break down in front of him.

"hey! where are you going?" he asked, concerned.

"home," you replied

time skip

it's been weeks since the awkward encounter outside of ethan's door. you two had grown distant while you remained close with grayson.