oxygen [g]

"mom! it's a left here!" you yelled as your mom quickly swerved left.

the twins' car followed you, thankfully, with the sudden movement. you were going to a family party and decided to bring along your best friend, ethan, and your boyfriend, grayson. they had no idea how to get there so they were following you and your mom.

"thanks baby," your mom said, rolling down the window.

"i'm not looking to die today. or any day," you chuckled, looking out at the water you were driving past.

everything was peaceful.

that was, until, a truck came swerving down the lane, slamming right into your side of the car, pushing your mom and you into the river.

grayson nearly had a heart attack from his seat. ethan skidded to a stop immediately and grayson practically flew to the edge of the bridge where your car fell in to.

he raced to the driver of the truck, who had gotten out with shock written on his face. grayson was ready to literally murder him but ethan held him back.

ethan quickly rose his phone to his ear, dialing 911.

"hi, yes i'd like to report an a-accident," ethan spoke shakily into the phone.

grayson zoned out and all he could think about was your body down there, how hard it was for you to breathe. or if you were still even alive.

a splash of water pulled grayson out of his trance. he hoped it was you but his heart dropped when she saw that it was your mom. of course he was glad she was okay, but he couldn't live without you.

your mom coughed and spit out water as she paddled to the soggy ground, walking up shakily. ethan ran over and helped her up.

"g-grayson. i couldn't g-get her seatbelt undone. t-the p-pressure underwater; it was t-too hard. she was unconscious. my b-baby," she broke down into sobs as ethan kept her upright.

grayson couldn't speak, he didn't know what to say. he couldn't just let your body sit down there, couldn't let you die down there.

"fuck it," he said, kicking off his shoes.

"where are you going?" ethan shouted.

grayson didn't respond as he stood at the edge of the bridge, preparing to jump in.

"grayson! the ambulance will be here any time! they'll get her! don't you dare go down there!" ethan shouted once again, tears slipping down his face.

"i have to," grayson whispered, not caring that ethan couldn't hear him at all.

grayson was quick to let the ground leave him as he jumped into the water. with his body fully submerged, he opened his eyes. at first it was extremely hard to keep them open, but he had to.

he saw your car laying on the bottom of the lake. he quickly swam down to it, to your side of the car. there you were, floating slightly in the water, eyes shut tight. grayson began to pull at the door, begging it to open, but it wouldn't budge.

he swam to your mom's side of the door where he saw the window was open. he swam through and yanked at your seatbelt with all his power, practically ripping it. he got it undone and pulled your limp body out of the car. he wrapped your arm around his shoulder and put another arm around your waist, swimming up to the surface.

he gasped, taking in the sweet air before pulling himself to the soggy ground where your mom had gotten up not long ago. he gripped onto you and let tears slip from his eyes.

"come on, baby, it'll be okay," he whispered shakily.

"grayson!" ethan shouted.

"i'm fine, i'm fine. w-where's the ambulance?" he asked.

"said they'll be here in-"

ethan was cut off by loud sirens and beeping. an ambulance was rushing down the street, cars parting for it to get through. the ambulance came to a stop and men and women rushed out, taking you from grayson's arms.

"please save her!" he choked out, feeling like if you died he would die with you because you were his everything.

his life, his will to live. his need to breathe and be alive; his oxygen. and right now that was all you needed: oxygen. all you needed was him and all he needed was you.

spoiler alert you survive bc i don't like death