~Chapter 20~

"Her Try."

-Emerald's POV-
I watched through the trees as Chara made her way through Snowdin, returning the poor monsters' smiles with glares or muttering harsh words whilst staring at them with the intent to kill. I know fully well that kill is a strong word for genocidal maniacs, but I'm this case scenario, I find it fitting...

I trudged towards her, a fake smile etched onto my face. It was evident that my smile was fake, however, hell no am I letting Chara destroy someone! She can burn in hell if I wanted her to...

Poor Y/N...

Don't worry, my friend...

This won't last to long, hopefully...

-Chara's POV-
"Heya Y/N!" Emerald's cheery voice called, although I could sense the almost knowing hint in her tone, I didn't let it get to me. I cleared my throat ready to speak,
"Hey Emerald... What's up?" I asked.
"The underground ceiling." She responded with a smirk and pointing upwards. I forced out a laugh, her smirk and eyebrow twitched in annoyance.
"Anyway, Sans wanted me to bring you to him, he's in Hotland..."
"Okay, lead the way!" I said, oddly happy. That threw her off as her expression snapped to surprise before holding her clichè smile in place. She nodded and walked onwards.

The familiar blue, Echo Flower hue being cast against the midnight black, smooth walls of Waterfall. I stared up at the ceiling, almost full of awe, looking at how the star-like-rocks lit up with an aura so colourful you would see a rainbow if you were in a different perspective.

A muffled giggle snapped me from my trance. With a slight tilt of my head, I almost glared at the sight of Emerald covering her mouth whilst glancing at me at time to time with amusment and a hint if confusion. I shook my head in a dismissal way before continuing forwards.

-3rd Person POV-
Y

ou hear a passing conversation.

"So? Don't you have any wishes to make?"

"...hmmm, just one, but... it's kind of stupid."

"Don't say that! Come on, I promise I won't laugh."

"promise you won't laugh
at me?"

"Of course I won't laugh!"

"someday, i'd like to climb this mountain we're all buried under. standing under the sky, looking at the world all around... that's my wish."

You hear laughter.

"...hey, you said you wouldn't laugh at it!"

"Sorry, it's just funny...That's my wish, too."

Chara looked at the angry looking Emerald,
"Is this your attempt of trying helping? If so, it was fruitless."

"Is this your attempt of trying to break my confidence? If so, it was fruitless." Emerald replied, keeping her stare on the possessed Y/N before her. Fists clenched and unclenched as the tension surrounding the two thickened. The green haired girl cracked a smile and vanished with the words,

"He knows Chara, good luck..."

"YoU'lL nEeD iT..."

Hope y'all enjoyed. Have a nice day/night. :3 Buh-bye!

~Emerald