~Chapter 21~

"The skeleton."

-Your POV-
I was, of course, engulfed in the darkness. And when I say it was pitch black, it really was, 'when light cannot pierce the darkness, only then, do you see the true pitch blackness of the depth' as my farther use to say. No amount of light could shrivel this black blanket of the void.

I cried out.

...But nobody came...

But just then, the pastel white of a skeletal face stood out from the lonely area, a light breeze whisked its way through the void. However, this sudden air seemed strange, it was forced almost, although I didn't take any hesitation to take a long, deep breath of oxygen. I spluttered, as if the air had been poisoned or the oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide atoms had been contaminated in a twisted way.

I sniffled and peered up at the skeleton figure to see him closer to me, almost a couple steps away. Two hands materialised in front if him and moved in a motion that seemed like sign language, that was until one hand had formed a side wards diamond. Only then did I realise, t♒︎h︎  ❍︎a︎■ ︎ ︎wh︎□︎  s◻︎e︎a︎&︎s ♓︎■︎  ha■︎♎︎s, was real.

I didn't believe what the River-Person had told me were real, I just thought it was a figment of their imagination, or a mere insight of the reality.

I spoke softly, "I-I'm sorry... I don't think I... U-Understand..." The slightly squinted eye-socket - that was probably like that due to the crack's pressure - opened a little in realisation as is mouth gaped open as well. His mouth formed back into a small smile as her knelt down to my sitting posture.

"I'm sorry, my dear. I had forgotten that not many people understand my peculiar language." He spoke, his voice glitched in some places or sometimes dipped in pitch but then returned to his original elocution.
"It's okay sir. May I ask, what are we doing here..?" I pondered out loud.

"Please, call me Gaster." He cleared is non-existent throat and continued "Well, my dear, you see. Chara has taken possession over your body, thus sending your spiritual figure to the void where it cannot get in her way and cause distraction. I am here due to a fatal accident that rid me of my existence. I fell into the CORE, my own creation, and with that my physical matter shriveled to dust due to the extreme concentration of magical matter, atoms and particles." He concluded scientifically, I stared at him slightly dumfounded.

"C-Can we get out? Escape?!" I panicked, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. I brought a hand to my lips, cupping them to dull the sound of my small sob. Hands placed themselves around my back and I flinched at the cold touch but then I hugged Gaster back, he acted as a father figure and it slightly made me better to know I won't be alone in this accursed place.

"We will be set free soon, my dear, do not fret. It will be okay..."

Hello my lovelies!~ Ending coming soon, but don't worry. :) Have a lovely day/night! Buh-byeeeeee! :3
Edit: I was correct! It was 21 XD.

~Emerald