Chapter 3: Meeting The "Yellow Bloods"

~Flashback

She kept running, hoping the Pokemon wasn't following her. She looked back and saw nothing.

Panting and exhausted, she stopped.

Only realizing she had come across a giant wall.

She stood there in shock, watching as the gate opened. A tall Pokemon appeared from it.

It was green, and had serpentine features. Yellow markings lined it's head, and dark green markings streaked it's slender body. It had a grand appearance.

At the sight of the Pokemon looming over her, she felt very afraid, and curled up into a ball.

"Don't be afraid, little one." The Pokemon spoke in a calming but royal voice. She knew that the Pokemon was female just by her voice.

"My name is Ivy." What brings you here?"

Slowly, she looked up. "I'm... I'm lost. T-theres someone chasing me. I-I got separated from my friend." She squeaked, her voice trembling with sadness.

Ivy looked stricken. "You poor thing. How could anyone do this to someone like you. It's just not right!"

She looked at her with her glittering, royal eyes. "What is your name, little one?"

"F-Flora." She said, bursting into years. Ivy curled around her protectively, like a mother trying to nurse her child. "Such a lovely name, Flora."

At the feeling of Ivy's comfortable skin, Flora giggled slightly, and hugged her.

Ivy let go and stared at her with the same eyes, except smiling sweetly. "Well then, Flora. Shall we get you cleaned up?'

Flora nodded, and eagerly entered through the gate, followed by Ivy.

~Flashback end

***

Hercules and Blade were walking along a beaten path. It was surrounded by jagged rocks and sharp thorns. Gnarled trees and dead shrubs lined the dark, damp forest.

Hercules had said that this was Death Woods. No one ever dared to go near here. Well, no one except the Yellow Bloods that is.

Blade wasn't so sure though. 'Sure you want to hide away from the rest of the world to remain a legend but...something doesn't feel right.' He thought. With all these trees their could be something watching.

Waiting...

"Here it is." Hercules snapped him out of his thoughts. "Yellow Grove."

This looked nothing like the surrounding area. Patches of sunshine finally ripped through the dense trees. Here, in the middle of the woods, life was booming.

'Flowers here, Pokemon there, this looks like the ultimate hideaway.' Blade thought again.

They kept walking. Blade noted his surroundings.

A baby Kangaskhan leaped into it's mothers pouch, who glared at Blade. An Igglybuff and a Togepi fled deeper in the grove upon seeing them. Other Pokemon either stared or hid.

"All of us aren't used to newcomers that well." Hercules explained. "They're not really the friendly type when a new face wanders here."

Blade nodded and continued walking, following the Her across until finally they came to a stop at a colossal, thick tree.

Hercules went over and knocked on it. A few seconds later, the bark opened up like it was magic, revealing twisting stairs all the way to the top.

"Come on." Hercules said. They both continued up.