Chapter 15 (Epilogue): A New World, A New Hero, A New Tale

~Well, it's been a great first fanfic, and although it wasn't that good, I tried. So, as the tale of a Bug type ends here, I ask you to prepare for the end. This is it...

So, let's begin.

***

"...Are you sure about this?" Blade asked Flora as she looked down at her egg.

Several weeks had passed since the war, and their egg was only a few minutes away from hatching. They had to act quickly. "Blade...I love so much...I love our egg so much...It HAS to be like this, if it's good for him."

Blade looked down. This was it. He would never meet his child, and neither would Flora or the rest of the Hive. But, he'll live forever, with his eternal life. And, he'll know who his parents were.

Blade glanced around. The graves of all the fallen allies, were there. Ultra's grave was buried with the words saying. "Friend turned foe turned friend. May you rest in piece, Lucario with one eye. You have saved us all."

Next to his grave, was the Tomb of Kings. Hercules was buried with all the other kings of the Yellow Bloods, including King Scales. His fallen army, including his four elite warriors, were buried behind him.

Blade glanced back. This would be the last time he would be up here, to remember all the memories they shared. Then, slowly, he touched the egg. Flora did too. A wisp of light embraced it.

They were passing on all their memories.

Everything they experienced, from the moment they were born, was shared with their future child. When he hatches, he would know exactly what to do from the first minute. He would become the strongest.

"Blade...it's time."  Flora looked down, a tear dropped from her eyes. It landed on her egg, softly busting onto it. The egg seemed to see it's mother's sadness. It was as if it was communicating with them.

Flora slowly put the egg into the chamber of ice. Then, Blade put his gifts into the chamber: A scroll with his words on it, his blue scarf, the necklace he wore containing him and Flora's child picture, and his Scizorite.

Then, with a final look of sorrow, they closed the chamber. The egg would remain there, until it was time. Flora couldn't take it anymore, and she hung onto Blade, completely crying.

Blade tried to comfort her, but even he couldn't stop his own teardrops. Still, he managed. "Flora...you said it had to be this way. Our child will be fine, so don't you worry." Flora nodded and wiped her tears away.

Blade smiled weakly. "Now, come." He held out his hand. "Let us return home, where we belong. We'll stay there until we die. Give me your hand..." Flora smiled back, and kissed him before taking his hand.

The pair started to walk home together. The image of a Scyther and a Fomantis appeared briefly. Blade and Flora would be together forever. Then, as they finally disappeared into the distance, Blade's final words could be heard.

"Give me your hand...and let us stay together, forever.

***
~500 years later...(15 years before today)

(I suggest you listen to the music while you're reading, for this is the perfect theme for the child's awakening.)

The chamber slowly opened. The egg was glowing. It was time to hatch.

The egg glowed brighter and brighter, until it was a blinding, golden light. The light illuminated the entire cave. Then, as the light slowly disappeared, the egg was cracked...A little scythe poked out. But it wasn't a normal scythe.