Chapter 11: Friend Or Foe?

~Flashback

"SILVER!!! MY SON!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!" The Braixen yelled desperately for her son, but he was nowhere to be found. She let the tears fall. It was hopeless. He was gone.

She fell to her knees and started sobbing loudly into her hands. "I'm sorry...First I lose your father, now I lose you. I'm so sorry, Silver...I'm...I'M A HORRIBLE MOTHER!!!" 

Suddenly, she took out her stick, and was about to pierce it through herself when...

"CRASH!"

The next thing she knew, a punch on her stick made it fly away. She looked at the a Pokemon, a brief moment of anger and tears on her face, but then, her eyes widened.

It was her son.

"S-silver? Silver, you're...you're back! Oh, thank-" She stopped and stared at him. He was missing an eye. She stared at it in horror.

"Silver...What happened to you?! Who did this?!" She screamed, touching his eye. Silver had an emotionless look on his face, and he simply looked down.

"Silver! Talk to me! Tell me what's happened!" She demanded. The Riolu took a deep breath, then he uttered his words.

"Forgive me, mother."

"SLICE!"

The Braixen gasped at the pain. Her son, her own SON, had pierced her chest with his claws. She shivered at the pain as Silver pulled back.

"S-s-silver...How...How could...you?" His mother stammered, covering her chest. The pain was extreme. Silver's emotionless look remained as he spoke softly and quietly.

"You lied to me, mother. You said that the Yellow Bloods were the heroes, but in truth, THEY were the true enemy. The Mystic Empire were the heroes, and you and father were part of the Bloods. You ordered someone to cut my eye.

The Braixen shook her head violently. "No, Silver! Who told you...this?! I would NEVER do that to you! Have...have you..." She didn't want to say. Silver looked down again.

"Yes mother. I have joined forces with the Mystic Empire, or as you know them, the Savage Clan. My name is no longer Silver. It's Ultra." This made a look of fear, anger, and shock in her eyes. She lost control, and went into rage.

"SILVER!!!" She screamed at the top of her painful lungs. "WHY?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! YOU BETRAYED US!!! YOU BETRAYED YOURSELF!!! YOU'RE NOT MY SON!!! YOU'RE JUST...A HEARTLESS MONSTER!!!"

Silver slowly shook his head. "No mother, you did." He took a deep breath again. "I'm sorry...this is how it has to be...Goodbye." He unleashed his Shadow Claw again...

Then, he struck her. Right through the head.

A scream of anguish and regret was heard throughout the forest. Silver, now named Ultra, stared at his mothers corpse with the same emotionless look. But this time, his one eye showed a glimmer of...something.

~Flashback end

***

Blade groaned as he felt his body burning with pain again. The fight with Ultra had exhausted him so much, he could barely open his eyes they were so tired.

Nearby, Ultra laid, breathing heavily as he regained consciousness. He rubbed his head, and found that blood covered it everywhere. He tried to stand up, but failed. Suddenly...

"STOMP!"

Ultra erupted in a cry of pain. "You fool!" His own master, Chronos, had stomped on his chest. "You think failure would make you ignore this pain even more?! We nearly had him, until you screwed up!" He stomped on him again, making him cry out again.