chapter 1

Edited 8/9/19

Kloey POV

8 years ago I moved away from my best friend, Tanner Braungardt, and today I'm moving back to Augusta Kansas.

After my mom and dad got divorced my mom got custody of me and our dog while my dad got custody over my older brother Gabe, my younger sister Emma, and her twin Gracy. Emma and Gracy are both 12 and Gabe is 16 while I'm 15.

My mom moved us to Australia while my dad stayed in Augusta Kansas. Two days ago my mom came home from work and said that we were moving back to Augusta Kansas because she got a promotion for her job. I didn't know what to do I was super excited but also dreading leaving all of my friends behind.

Today was my last day of school in Australia. The worst part was the goodbyes, my friends were heartbroken because I was leaving so soon. There was one more person I had to say goodbye to, my boyfriend Michael. I walked up to him and hugged him, I started to cry, it was basically over, the time change would mess up our relationship.

"Goodbye" I sobbed into his shirt

"Goodbye" Michael said, also crying

"I love you"

"I love you too, always"

"Ill text you as much as possible but I dont know how the time difference would work"

"Ok, I love you. Promise me you will remember me. Please?"

"I promise, forever," I said. The bell rang to signal the end of school and the start of my new life.

I got home from school and my mom was ordering the movers to put stuff in the right spot in the truck. I went inside and grabbed my suitcase, gym bag, and all my chargers. The hardest part about moving would be trying to find a new gymnastics gym and dance studio.

We put Luna in her cage and boarded the plane, we had first class seats so we would be pretty comfortable for the long flight.

I got up to go the bathroom a few hours into the flight and when I came back somebody stopped me. "Who are you?" I asked

"Im Mitch," the guy said, leaning closer to me.

"Ok now what do you want?"

"You," he said kissing me. After a couple seconds he got off me and left and I went back to my seat for another 4 hours until the plane landed.

We took the long car ride to the house after we got off the plane. We stopped to get some food and to let Luna go to the bathroom because it had been a while since she went.

We got back to the house and it was the house we lived in before my parents got divorced. My dad gave my mom Gabe, Emma, and Gracy and then he left.

I went to my old room to put my veg down when Gabe cam in, "So you know your friend Tanner?" he asked me

"Who?" I asked

"Your best friend when you were little"

"Oh yeah, why?"

"He still lives next door"

"Really?"

"Yeah you should go talk to him"

"Ok, I will," I said getting up from my bed and walking out of my room, Gabe following me.
I went outside and to the house next door.

I walked up the front steps and took a deep breath, here goes nothing, I thought. I knocked on the door and Tanners mom answered, "Hello, who are you?"she asked

"I don't know if you remember but my name is Kloey, I was Tanners best friend from when we were little," I said

"Kloey its been so long since I've seen you!How are you?"

"Good, is Tanner home?"

"Yeah, he's downstairs in his room with his friends, you can head on down. I'm sure you remember the way," she said letting me inside the house.

I went down the stairs and stopped by Tanners door. I took a deep breath and knocked on his bedroom door.

"Come in" somebody said from inside.

I opened the door and saw Tanner with two other guys. I ran up to Tanner and hugged him,
"Tanner I missed you" I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"Im sorry, but who are you?" Tanner asked

"You don't remember me?"

"No, I'm sorry, I guess not"

"Im Kloey, we were best friends when we were little"

"It cant be her, she moved to Australia 8 years ago"

"Im back Tanner, your mom remembers me"

"I remember now. Your parents got divorced and you moved away with your mom but your brother and sisters stayed with your dad"

"Yeah, and my mom got a promotion so now I'm back"

"I missed you!" Tanner said hugging me.

Authors note
Go check out my other story. One last chance // Quentin Mcconathny.
Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed. Dont forget to vote share and follow.

It ain't my fault