chapter 5

Edited 10/20/19
Gabe pov

Kloey laid there in the hospital bed unconscious, because of Quentin, again. I don't understand how somebody could hate a person enough to do that to them, not once, but twice. I don't get why Quentin hates her, she's not the type of person you can hate. She's kind, sweet, pretty, nice, everything you can look for in a girl.

Next time I see Michael I'm going to punch him, not even a day after Kloey left and he has already gone and shoved his tongue down another girls throat.

Tanner pov

Quentin put Kloey in the hospital again and I've had enough of it. I don't know what his problem is, he said that he wants me to himself but I'm not his property.

Kloeys jaw is swelling pretty bad, and she's only been unconscious for about 10 minutes. I continued to hold the ice to her jaw, and started to admire her beauty. I think I live her, I have loved her since I was a kid, but I don't think she loves me ore needs me for that matter. Kloey has Gabe and the twins, I want her, I need her even, but she doesn't need nor want me.

Quentin pov

I'm going to make sure that Kloey and Tanner never happen, I'm going to have Tanner for myself and Kloey will be 6ft underground if I can help it. The world doesn't need Kloey, she's just dead weight and a waste of space, I will get what I want, and nobody can stop me, not even Tanner.

Kloey pov

I slowly started to wake up and regain my senses, I attempted to speak but it didn't go so well, "Tanner" I tried, but it sounded more like gibberish.

"Kloey? Are you okay?" Somebody asked but I presumed it was Tanner because it didn't sound like Gabe.

"What happened?" I asked slowly, wincing in pain as my jaw moved.

"Quentin cut you all over your body a-" Tanner started to say but I cut him off,

"I know that part, but why does my jaw hurt every time I talk?"

"He punched you in the jaw and its swelling really bad,he also punched your head and knocked you out"

"How long was I out for?"

"7 days because of the blood loss, and about an hour because of your head"

I carefully moved my hand to my jaw and touched it gently, "ow!"

"Don't touch it! It'll make it hurt worse!"

"I want food" I mumbled but tanner must have heard me.

"What do you want?" He asked me

"Tacos, I really want some tacos right now"

"Alright, I'll go get some from the cafeteria here" he said getting up from his chair that was next to my bed.

"Please! Not the cafeteria tacos! Anything but cafeteria tacos!" I exclaimed, the hospital food is always terrible, I remember how bad the tacos were when I was 7, they were disgusting.

"Where do you want them from then?"

"Taco Bell?"

"Alright, fine, I'll get you some Taco Bell, Doritos locos or cool ranch?"

"Is that even a question?"

"Doritos locos it is, I'll be back in a bit with your tacos"

"Thanks, I love you!"

"I love you too"

"What?" I asked, not really hearing what he said.

"Never mind, it doesn't matter, I'm going to go get your tacos now"

Tanner left the room and it was just me and Gabe, "he said that he loves you, you know" Gabe told me

"We're friends, that what friends say to each other" I responded.

"No, he loves you like that, but he loves you as more than a friend, I can tell"

"How can you tell?"

"It's a brother kind of thing, you'll be able to tell when the twins find love"

"He doesn't love me like that, he just said it because I said it, and besides, I'm sort of kind of not really in a relationship"

"Look at this picture and tell me if you're still sort of kind of not rally in a relationship" Gabe said, bringing his phone over to me and showing me a picture.

I started crying as soon as I saw the picture, "how could he do this to me? I thought he loved me!"

"It going to be okay, he's just a jerk looking for a hookup. Tanner is actually the one that saw the photo and showed it to me, then told me that he's loved you since you were kids"

"I bet you he just feels bad for me, nobody actually loves me" I cried, getting out of bed and heading towards the door of my hospital room.

"Kloey, please sit down before you hurt yourself" Gabe pleaded with me, moving towards me

"I don't care if I hurt myself so you shouldn't either!" I yelled at Gabe and threw the door open and jogging out. I ran into somebody but I didn't stop to apologize, I just kept making my way to the exit.

As I was moving around the person I bumped into they grabbed my wrist and pulled me into them. I flew into the person and the impact caused me to fall backwards into the ground of the hospital.

Instead of getting up off of the ground I just laid there, the floor felt good because it was cool and I could really use a nap. I closed my eyes and sighed, breathing in the air, smelling all of the scents in the hospital. It mostly smelled like sterilized tools and medicine, but there was a hint of tacos.

I felt somebody pick me up but I didn't bother opening my eyes, it was probably just Gabe anyway, nobody special. "Why was she running?" A voice asked, Tanners voice asked.

My eyes shot open immediately and I started to freak out, he doesn't love me, nobody loves me. I started wiggling around is his arms to get out of his hold, he was having a hard time holding onto me, and eventually got one of my legs out.

I managed to get the other leg out of Tanners hold and turned around, pushing him away from me. I turned back towards the exit and started running towards it.

I ran out the main entrance to the hospital and I the direction of my house. Getting to my house was a struggle, my wounds not letting me run that fast.

I got to my house and ran straight up to my room, grabbing a set of clothes, a hairbrush, and a water bottle that was already full. Running back downstairs I grabbed a blanket and some money and shoved it all into a backpack along with a few granola bars.

I left my house and started to make my way towards the spot that I knew where nobody would look for a while, the cliff jumping spots.

Authors note
This is the edited version of this chapter, I think that it's much better than the old version. If you haven't already check out some of my other stories and reread this one if you haven't read the edited version yet.

Peace!