chapter 6

Edited 10/20/19
Kloey POV

I made it to the cliffs and climbed one of them, then found a big tree to sleep under. It was about 8:30 pm and it was getting dark so I had to get my little camp set up quick.

I set my backpack on the ground and pulled the blanket out. I spread the blanket on the ground and then sat on it. It was getting kind of cold so I pulled in the sweatshirt and sweatpants that I grabbed as the extra set of clothes on.

I took a granola bar out of my backpack and ate a few bites of it before putting it back. I also to a sip of water then put it back into my backpack as well. I didn't have much food or water because I was in a hurry so I had to savor it.

I laid down on the blanket and, after about 20 minutes, I fell asleep.

Tanner pov

Kloey ran out of her hospital room door and straight into me, causing me to almost drop her tacos. She tried to get around me but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into me.

She flew into my chest and fell backwards onto the ground. She didn't get up and instead closed her eyes, so I picked her up to bring her back into her hospital room.

"Why was she running?" I asked Gabe, and I felt Kloey panic. She started to wiggle around in my arms and I was having a hard time holding her.

She got one of her legs free, then the other, and then turned around. She pushed me away from her then turned around and took off towards the main entrance.

I ran after Kloey after but I couldn't catch up with her because she was so fast. Gabe ran outside a few seconds after me, "get in your car and look around. Let me know if you find her" he said and then ran to his car.

I searched around town for hours before finally giving up and going back home. I ran into my room and collapsed on my bed crying. My family wasn't home, they were all in Florida visiting some family.

I heard somebody open my door and I started to freak out. Somebody was in my house, and it wasn't any of my family or friends.

My bedroom lights turned off and I started to freak out even more. I quickly grabbed the baseball bat next to my bed and held it up to protect me.

The baseball bat was taken from my hands and I was shoved down onto my bed. Somebody shoved their lips into mine and started to kiss me. They got their tongue in my mouth and I started gagging and tried to push the person off of me.

I managed to get them off of me but not for long because they were back on top of me right away. This person wasn't female, they had slight stubble which I could feel.

I shoved the man off of me again and ran towards my light switch, flicking it on. I saw Quentin standing there, coming towards me, "get away from me!" I yelled

"No! I love you!" Quentin yelled back

He cornered me and picked up the baseball bat, then sacked me across the head saying, "sweet dreams, I'll see you soon"

I woke up with a pounding headache and I had no clue why. It all suddenly came back to me, Kloey running away, Quentin forcing himself on me.

I ran next door and started to bang on the door after making sure that Gabes car was the only one in their driveway. Gabe opened the door after a minutes and after taking a look on his face I could tell that he was having a tough time.

"Have you called the cops yet?" I asked

"Yes, but what happened to you?" Gabe responded

"It's a long story" I said, then we went out to go look for Kloey

2 weeks later

It's been 2 weeks and they haven't found Kloey yet, they take out the dogs every day to try and sniff her out, and every day the dogs lead them to the cliff but they never go up. I don't think that Kloey would go up there, but today they are checking up there.

I miss her so much, my life is dull without her. I need her, Gabe needs her, the twins need her, but she isn't here. She's been fending for herself for 2 whole weeks, somehow living off of probably nothing.

Kloey POV

It's been about 2 weeks since I ran out of the hospital, 4 days since I ran out of water and 6 days since I ran out of food. I'm so weak that I can't even get up to go and get more food and water, and the fact that people would see me if I did go.

I've gotten about an hour of sleep this past week, and I couldn't take it, I needed get out of here. I'm hungry, thirsty, and tired, and my body couldn't handle it anymore because I fell unconscious.

Authors note
This is the edited version of this chapter and I personally think that it is way better than the old version. If you haven't already make sure that you check out my other stories and the other edited chapters because they are different than before. Have a great rest of your day.

Peace