Come Back To Me

🌟Come Back To Me🔥

"N-Natsu" She rasped, her breathing uneven. "Please" She stared into his sage green eyes, they were the eyes she fell in love with but they were different. His eyes were distant, as if he was in a whole other world and in a sense, he was.

"Natsu." She choked out again, this time as loud as she could. His fingers tightened around her neck and she could feel her lungs burning in protest at the lack of oxygen. She felt the warmness as her tears began to slide down her cheeks.

When they released him from the hospital they explained to her that this might happen, he might have flashbacks and he might act them out. He had had a few but none like this. She told him if he ever wanted to talk, she would be there, she would listen. Lucy had hoped he knew that already but after three weeks of barely any words spoken between them she felt the need to tell him. During his "episodes" He would go silent, and start to tremble but he never acted anything out. Not like he was doing now.

She focused on his eyes, the warmness that was usually there was replaced with complete and utter fear and hatred. She had never seen him with such dark emotions in his eyes. Natsu was like a kid in an adult's body. He was loud, goofy, and an insane eater. He was also fiercely protective and loyal, he would do anything for his friends. Which is why when the war started he was one of the first to volunteer. Lucy had begged him not to go, not to leave her alone. She pleaded with him until the day he left.

He promised her he'd come back in one piece. Physically he did. He had some new scars, even a scar on his shoulder from a bullet. Physically he was fine. Mentally, she didn't know where her Natsu went. Where her dragon loving fiancé had gone. In his place was someone cold and distant. He had been gone for two years, but she waited for him, every day praying he would make it back safe and sound. Now she wishes she would have also prayed for his mind to stay with him as well.

She's been patient with him, despite her protests she was proud of him. He risked his life for others, there was no way she wouldn't take at least some sense of pride in knowing that that's the kind of man her fiancé is.

Lucy could feel her conscious slipping from her, her life. She couldn't believe it, she's going to be strangled to death by the man who means everything to her. She moved one of her hands from his and cupped his face, her thumb brushing underneath his eye. "Come back to me." She whispered.

As his hand tightened around her neck, she silently forgave him. She knew he would come back with scars and she should have known that the worst ones would not be physical. She just never expected his scars to be the thing to take him away from her forever.

Just as Lucy thought she was taking her last breath, the pressure around her throat vanished. She opened her eyes again and slowly sat up as she sucked air back into her lungs. Her eyes scanned the room to find Natsu on the floor in front of the bed, panting heavily. He was staring at his hands, shaking.

She moved closer, the bed squeaked and Natsu's head shot up. His eyes met hers for a split second and then he scrambled further away from her. "Stay back." His voice was uneven; he refused to look at her in the eyes again.

She ignored him and inched closer to the edge of the bed, every move Lucy made, Natsu would back further and further away from her until his back hit the bedroom wall. She got off the bed and crawled to him.

"Natsu, it's okay." She said, her voice was hoarse and it hurt to speak but she didn't care. "It's okay. It's just me." She tried again.

Natsu shook his head wildly, his hands covered his face and he was beginning to dig his nails into his scalp. That's when she heard the first sob break loose.