First Kiss

Natsu's POV

Climbing into Lucy's window into her house was part of my routine by this point. As I climbed in one night, I was surprised to see she wasn't in her bed, like she usually was, waiting for me. Instead, she was at her desk, her head resting on some papers, and I could tell she'd just fallen asleep.

I couldn't help but smile at her sleeping form. It was just like her to fall asleep while she was writing. I gently picked her up, sliding an arm behind her shoulders, and an arm behind her knees. She automatically leaned into me, snuggling her head into the crook of my neck.

"Awe, Luce." I chuckled softly at her unconscious actions.

Before I turned, something on her desk caught my eye. It was a piece of paper, folded in half, with only the very top showing, where the words "Dear Natsu" were written.

"Did she write something for me?" I thought to myself as I debated whether to pick it up or leave it be. After a minute, I decided on the latter. If she had written for me to see, she'll show me someday. Besides, Lucy would probably knock my teeth in if I read it without her permission.

I walked over to Lucy's bed, and put her down on it. As I removed my arms from under her, trying to be careful and not wake her, she suddenly made a grab for my arm, her fingers locking around my wrist.

"Nat...su..." She breathed out softly, pulling my arm closer to her again. She was practically using my arm as a pillow at this point. I sighed lightly, deciding to go along with her.

I lowered the rest of my body down beside her, and she immediately snuggled closer to me.

If I was being honest with myself, which didn't happen a whole lot, Lucy and I have been teetering on the line between best friends and wanting to be something more.

I'll admit, she has a good amount of vanity, but she more than makes up for it in the other aspects her her personality. She has a kind heart, and never hesitates to help someone in need. She's unflinchingly loyal, especially to her nakama. I had always thought she was pretty, but as I laid beside her that night, I realized she was far from just "pretty."

Her face was lit by the moonlight streaming in form the window, her messy hair everywhere, and her lips in an adorable pout.

To me, she looked otherworldly.

I brought the hand that wasn't underneath her head to her face, my fingertips lightly brushing her hair back.

She sighed softly in her sleep, looking very content. "Natsu..." She whispered softly again.

Lucy would sometimes talk in her sleep, but I never heard much outside of sighs and grunts, and occasionally my name. So I sure was surprised when I heard Lucy mumble 3 words I thought I'd never thought I'd hear her say to me.

"I love...you...Natsu..." Her face scrunched up slightly, her eyebrows creasing. "No...come...back..."

"It seems whatever dream she's having took a bad turn..." I thought to myself. Instinctively, I hugged her closer, whispering as well, "I'm not going anywhere."

She relaxed a little more, her breathing slowing down to show she'd fallen into a deeper sleep.

"No more talking tonight, I guess." The thought had a slightly disappointed edge to it. "Guess I should sleep too..." I thought before falling asleep rather quickly myself.

Lucy's POV

"Warm...It's so warm..." My thoughts were hazy as I slowly awoke. "Huh? Why..."

There was a light weight on my hip, and when I opened my eyes, I saw what it was. Natsu's left arm was under my head, while his right laid lazily around my waist.