Natsu Gets Sick

Lucy's POV

I was walking down the street to the guild hall one day, when I heard Happy's voice call out to me, "Lushie!"

I looked over at him when I heard him, and the Exceed flew into my arms. "Happy? What's wrong?" I asked when I saw his distressed expression.

"You gotta hurry to the guild hall!" He said, pointing in the direction of the guild.

"So what's going on?" I asked as we were running. (Well, I was running, he was flying.)

"You'll see." Happy answered.

We reached the guild hall, and hurried inside. "Lu-chan!" Levy immediately waved me over.

"Levy-chan, what's going on?" I asked her, noting the calmness of the guild hall.

Levy looked over at the bar, and I followed her gaze.

In front of the bar, sitting on the floor, sat a certain pink - haired dragons slayer, purple runes surrounding him.

"Why is Natsu sitting in a rune cage?" I asked in a confused voice.

Before Levy could answer, Natsu sneezed loudly.

"That's why." Levy said. "If he wasn't inside those runes, he'd be sneezing out fireballs." She told me.

"Oh." I nodded in understanding.

"Master wants you to take him to your house and keep him there until he's feeling better." Levy added.

"Really?! What if he sets my apartment on FIRE?!" I asked, my voice rising.

"Don't worry, Freed is already on it, he's putting runes around your apartment building right now." She soothed me.

"Is he making everything fireproof?" I asked curiously.

"Aye!" Happy confirmed.

"Alright then. I guess I don't have a choice, do I?" I said with a sigh, looking over at Natsu.

"He is your boyfriend." Levy reminded me with a giggle, before I went over to Natsu's cage.

"Hey, Luce." Natsu greeted me, managing to give me a grin, even though he was clearly very sleepy and very sick.

"Hey." I said back, giving him a small smile. I noticed that his skin was a bit paler than usual, and his eyes and nose were red, and I didn't like it. I like the Natsu that was lively, forever destructive, and caring for his nakama. That's the Natsu I fell for...

Pulling me out of my thoughts, Natsu asked me, "So, are we going to your place?" I nodded in response.

Levy transferred the runes surrounding him so that they appeared on his arm, so we could get to my house without any fireball sneezes.

"Be sure to let us know if you need anything, okay, Lu-chan?" Levy told me as I started to support Natsu, his arm around my shoulders, and his head leaning on mine.

"Of course." I assured her before we left.

"Luce..." Natsu groaned when we stepped outside.

"You can lay down when we get to my place." I said quietly, as we started to walk. While we were walking, I felt Natsu press his nose to my hair and inhale deeply.

"Hey, what are you smelling me?!" I protested, my face turning red.

"You...always smell...so good..." He said in a sleepy voice. "It's relaxing..."

I pinched his side lightly. "Don't fall asleep in the middle of the street, dummy."

He grumbled out a "fine," and soon, we made it to my apartment. Freed helped me get him upstairs, and into my bed, and I thanked him, walking to the door with him before he left.

"Luuuuuce!" I heard Natsu call me in a whiny voice. His lips were set in a pout when I came back to him.

When I got close enough, he reached out, grabbing my wrist and pulling me down next to him on the bed gently, and then sniffing my hair again. "That's really weird, you know..." I said, unable to stop a smile from coming to my face.

"I told you, your scent is relaxing. And just smelling it makes me feel better." He told me, his voice oddly content. He had his arms around me, and his face was pressed into my hair, his breath tickling my skin.

"Well, if you say so..." I said softly, my happiness seeping into my voice.

"Heh, you like it too, you know." Natsu teased me.

"Maybe just a little..." I said bashfully. I peeked at him through my eyelashes when didn't say anything else, and a giggle escaped me when I saw him pouting, a pink tint spread over his cheeks.

"S'not funny, Lushie..." He whined, pulling me closer to him, and snuggling into me so I couldn't see his face. He leaned into the crook of my neck, and I couldn't help but run my fingers through his soft, salmon-colored locks.

"Heh, love you anyways, Luce..." Natsu said so softly I almost didn't hear it.

"I love you too, Natsu." I whispered back, smiling to myself.

"Yeah, I know." I felt Natsu's warm breathing against my collarbone, before I felt his lips, pressing a soft kiss to the skin of my neck before he snuggled up to me again.

I didn't take long for Natsu to fall asleep after, and I followed soon after, figuring that it wouldn't hurt to stay like this with him for today...