The Secrets of Zelda

Impa and I rode out of the castle in haste, we had Ganondorf on our trail, and somewhere, Link was out there with the Spiritual stones that open the Sacred Realm.

As we rode out of the city, standing outside was Link, I had to get the Ocarina of Time to him so he could open the Sacred Realm before Ganondorf, and defeat him. I took the ocarina out of my bag and threw it into the moat that was around the city. Fear filled my heart when Ganon ceased his chase upon Impa and I and faced Link.

This was all my fault, Hyrule was in danger of complete ruin, because of me, its princess.

Impa and I managed to escape to the outlaying countries, but Hyrule was still in danger.

"I have to do something." I pleaded with Impa.                                                                                                  

"If you go back, they will find you and kill you." She told me.                                                                  

"But what about Link? What if, he couldn't stop Ganon?" Impa looked at me with eyes full of pity,       "If Ganon had been defeated, we could go back. No, something happened, Link can not help us now."

"But I can." She knew what I spoke of. 

"Princess Zelda, if I do this to you, you be like another person."

"Yes, and I will live in the house of the enemy, but  they will never see me."

Impa, had the ability to change the form of a person, I wanted her to change me into a Sheikah, so I may return to Hyrule to wait and help Link.

"You may not remember who you are all the time, you will forget, and it's for your own safety." She told me as she placed her hands upon my forehead.                                                                                    

"I'm ready." I told her.

"Princess Zelda, you are no longer her, she is only a secret."

And this is how it must be.