Dulling the Flame

Cutting off supplies is my first priority.

Or, should be. Basic logic would put that at the top of the list, but this needs more than basic logic.

These people have survived this long, there must be a reason. They aren't simple peasant people, they are to well formed to be lead by one or two rebels. This is what's left of the old Hylain military.

They are well trained and are prepared for almost anything, they likely have spies, and other bases unknown to Ganondorf.

They very well could be his downfall, because he underestimates them.

They could end this all before the "Hero of Time" returns.

But I have to stop them.

After I was dismissed by Ganondorf, I made my way towards the village before going to the actual base of the Rebellion. The people of the village seem to be unaware of the fact that the camp is just outside their walls. After finding out that no one within Kakiriko knows anything useful, I head to the camp itself.

It is actually more like a small city, but so well hidden. There are very few people who could hide a population of this size without being noticed.

There are walls, high and well guarded, torches in abundance, lighting up as the sun sets. Those on patrol aren't in military attire, but show the traits of a trained solider. Spears and swords crafted from rough metals are on the backs and sides of the guards. Along with archers who held horns and bells to warn the others of any danger.

As the sun deeps down lower and lower, smoke from fires are seen, not only campfires, but hearth fires of houses. Suggesting that there are families living here. Women and children, not just men in this "military like" camp. 

There are civilians. And in counting the fires, I judge more than twenty families live here, the number of people in each I have no way of telling unless I slipped in and looked around more.

Which I don't have time for, I was ordered to report back to the castle by sunset. Apparently I am not completely trusted to be out and about yet. It took me mere minutes to reach the castle gates. I was lead back to my room, where I was left with a bag of "Supplies" those being a few knives, food, rope, deku nuts, torches, and a cloak. 

How nice.

Also a small sack of rupees, I probably won't need it, besides perhaps bribing some people. Now a days people will willingly trade information for a few rupees.  

"How was your little mission?" I heard a voice say. No doubt Kotake.

"I just scouted out the camp outside the village." I informed her as I placed everything back inside the bag. Kotake appeared as I finished speaking, her signature chuckle echoed through the room.

"What do you plan to do next?" She asked.

"Find out more from the inside, I don't see a need to rush things, rushing causes mistakes which I don't plan on making."

"You have less time than you think, young one." And with that she left me alone in my room, a familiar echo sounding through my head.

Young one.....

My head began hurting. Intense pain, but it subsided after a few moments. I felt tired after that, so I put my things away and slept for a few hours. I will be out again before sunrise, so resting is my best option.

"You have less time than you think...."'

Kotake's words echoed through my head as I slept, no dreams, just her words.

________________________________________________________________________

Short chapter, but that's better than no chapter right? xD 

I just saw that this story has a 1000 reads! You guys are awesome, thank you so much for reading!