The Shadow Temple pt 2

The meaning of what was written on the scroll haunted me. All the things I must know, but have no way of knowing was maddening. This is one thing Impa hadn't warned me about, and I began to wonder if she left anything else out as well.

As I came to the last few levels of the Temple, I began to see light. Each room got brighter, and I felt a breeze. I was taken off guard as I came to a ledge, which I almost fell from. There was a large gap, about twenty or more feet. A normal person would have no hope of getting over this unless they could fly. I, on the other hand, would have no problem making the jump. I took a few steps back so I could run and build momentum. As I came to the edge I pushed off and cleared the gap in one graceful leap.

A feeling of security came over me. I was sure that behind the next few doors was the exit. I was relieved, this place is evil and dark, and a great power emitted from this darkness. I want to be away from this place as soon as possible, I then can go on to Hyrule, and try and find someone who can translate the scroll.

It took me longer than I thought it would to find my way out. And when I came to the last room, it was full of creatures.

Redeads.

These are vile beast, the undead. Their gaze can paralyze a person with pure fear, then as their prey is helpless, the monster strikes and sucks the life out of them.

I could stick to the shadows and avoid them, if they couldn't see me they can't catch me. I slowly, and quietly crept over to the wall and pressed my back against it. I moved along the wall, staying in the dark. I could see the open door up ahead, it was nearly dawn, judging by the light.

And for the first time, I was afraid for my life. The open door would let in sunlight that would expose me. My only hope was to make a run for the door now, or wait and hope that the sunlight drives the Redeads away. If they didn't run, I would be surrounded and have little chance of escape.

I closed my eyes for a moment, and remembered how brave Link was, and how right now he would have fought the monsters instead of hide from them. I held my breath and moved as quickly as I dared to the door. I let out a sigh of relief as I came to the steps leading out of the temple. I have never been scared like that before. I believe all the stories of the Redead now, about how they strike the greatest fear into the bravest men.

I made my way out without any conflict. As I emerged from the depths of the temple a cool morning breeze met me. I stood for a moment, taking in this feeling of the wind, and the morning sun. The feeling of a dawn in my beloved land. I stood now above the graveyard of Kakariko Village, and I would have to sneak past the town and make my way to the castle.

There I would find Ganondorf, and there I must join him. I will have to follow his orders, and in anytime I can spare, I must find someone who knows what this ancient scroll is written in.