The Base

I watched the movement on the base for the whole day. I'm allowed to be out as long as I need, so I plan on entering the camp after the sun sets.

It's hard to see much of the daily life inside the base, the walls are high and well guarded. They change shifts every three hours, giving me a two minute opening to break in. The security here is impressive, only someone as skilled as a Shiekah would have a chance at getting in.

Which is slightly ironic, because as of now there are only two known living Shiekah...

Myself, which is unlikely known by anyone outside of Ganondorfs castle, and Impa, the old caretaker of the princess. Impa hasn't been seen in Hyrule for years, and even if she had been, she would only aid these rebels in thier fight.

I refocused my attention, the sun is setting giving me the opening to break in. There was still light on the top of the walls, I walked along the bottom in the shadow waiting for the guard shift. The sound of a horn echoed, signaling the change in guard, giving me a couple minutes to get over the wall. Once the solider above me was clear I took my knives out of their sheaths and scaled up the wall with them. The twenty meter high wall took only a few moments to get over, but I'm running out of time before I have to hide again.

Another horn.

In the few precious seconds I have to act,  I run down an empty hall and hide in the dark corner as the new guard passes me. I'm unnoticed, after I'm sure that I have  clear path I go down the wall and into the base, wrapping myself in the cloak I had received. A crowd of women and children were passing by me, I slipped in amonst them and passed through the last of the guards.

Once I'm past the guards, I can go almost anywhere here now with ease.

It is much bigger than I had thought it to be, part of the mountain is carved out, like a cave, with buildings inside and around it. It was lit up with torches, leaving the camp dark beside itself and the walls. This place is more like a village, it's bigger than Kakariko Village, which is thought to be the last major Hylain city left. Some people do look like they have lived in ruin, some children in this group I walk with are dressed in rags, and given cloaks by children dressed in better clothing. Their are poor and rich people living together as equals, so even in ruin they have trust and faith in each other.

The people begin to break apart, going into their own houses. I manage to slip behind the houses without being noticed. 

I'm not sure why this has given Ganondoft so much trouble, they are just people living their lives. They could greatly damage him and his armies, but they don't. Having carved into the mountain, there is no doubt in my mind that these people have the support of the Gorons, and judging by how clean and healthy they look I will guess that the Zoras are also involved, sending water, or finding wells.

"All three of them, working together for this one last piece of the old Hyrule, one last stronghold against evil."

I muttered to myself.

"It may be four." Heard someone say.

Such a familiar voice...

"They Sheikah also aid them."

Impa.