In the Shadow of Mountain

The boy stood and looked at the girl riding away on a white horse as she was chased by a man on a dark horse.....

I sat up, waking up from a dream. I'm not sure what it was, but it seemed interesting. Not interesting enough for me to worry about, I have too many things to take care of to waste on an odd dream.

It was still dark out, giving me a chance to sneak away from the castle unnoticed, and without being needed. After leaving the castle walls, I kept to the secret pathways and roads throughout Hyrule field. A much faster, and less known way than the common roads.

I moved quietly, trying to take in the landscape, finding the best ways to get from place to place.

After almost an hour, I heard rustling behind me. It was likely just the wind, or maybe an animal, but on the off-chance that someone has been following me, I hid in a shadow and waited for them to approach me.

I heard footsteps, but not of a person. It was an animal, but one I didn't reconize until I saw it, bold in the bright moon light.

A small dragon.*

( *In the Ocarina of Time Manga Link finds a baby dragon which becomes Volvagia During the seven years he was in the Scared Realm. )

As soon as it saw me, it ran. I don't have time to go after it, even if I did I would be pointless. We were close enough to Death Mountain for me to assume that that is where the dragon went. I started back towards the castle, people will be waking up soon enough, and I'd rather they not know that I had left.

I arrived back well before the sun rose, just to be sure.

No one seemed to be awake, or have noticed that I left.

"So sure of that?" I heard an old voice say.

Kotake.

"I assume you've seen my offer?" She asked as she appeared next to me.

"I have."

"What do you decide to do?"

"Think, see what Master Ganondoft needs for me to do, and decide then."

"Wise choice. But," Kotake continued, "I looked into what is on this scroll of yours, it is as important to me as it is you."

"Why is that?" I asked. She just chuckled and shook her head.

"Nothing that you need to know. If you give it to me, I will translate it and you will find out what is written, and I will speak kindly of you to the Master."

I don't have many options, so I handed her the scroll. She disappeared, leaving me anxious and worried. I'm not quite sure why though, she would tell me what it said, that much I'm sure of.

I wait in my room before Ganondorf summons me, giving me the orders to prove myself as a loyal servant of his. He could have me do anything from murder, to theft. I may not like it, but I will have to do it, or at least find an another way to resolve the "Problem" of his, or whomever he puts in charge of me.

Soon as I step into the room, where Ganondorf sat with a large map spread out over a table.

 "I have arrived master." I said with a bow, not standing up again until he spoke.

 "Do you see these markings?" He asked me.

I stood and looked at the map in front of him.

"These are groups where rebellions are taken place," He said as he direction my attention to a mark, just outside of Kakariko Village. "These are where they are getting supplies," He's finger rested on another mark, someplace on Death Mountain, " And this is where they are hiding." He finally said, pointing to a spot outside of the forest.

"I have lost much time trying with these fools, time and resource wasted.  This is what you will be handling." He said as he rolled up the map and handed it to me.

I nodded my head, accepting his first request, proving myself and my loyalty to him.

 There is even the chance that I wouldn't have to hurt many people over this, if I can just find a way to reason with them.....

"You begin now." Ganondorf informed me as he left the chamber. Leaving me to find a way to end the rebellion against him, and for my own sake, spill as little blood as possible.