Memories Revived

I froze, not knowing what to do.

Everything went fuzzy for a few moments, I didn't know where I was, why I was there, or who I even am. Then I remembered.

I remember Link, leaving Hyrule, and becoming Shiek. 

"Try and relax." I looked up and saw Impa putting a wet cloth on my forehead. "Impa?" i asked. She smiled at me then left the room I was in.

I was on a mat on the floor of a large room. Lights were lined up along the walls making the room bright.  I must be inside the cave part of the base. Taking in the things around me was next to impossible with all the memories that came flooding back to me.

Laughter, fear, tears, sorrow, hope.

Such great hope and trust that what I was doing was right. But it wasn't.

I, Princess Zelda tried to stop Ganondorf, but only hastened his seize of power.

I sent Link, a young boy, off by himself to fight and face unknown dangers. He was strong, and brave enough, but why would I put him through all of this? 

Hyrule is dying because of me. People suffer, starve, freeze and die.

And I left Hyrule, I abandoned it, only to return and aid those who seek its destruction. 

I forgot. Link, my father, my duty, I forgot it all.

"Shiek," echoed throughout the room I am in, "You must return now, you can't stay here any longer." Impa was beside me now, helping me up as she continued in an urgent voice, "The people are going to ask to come here now and they cannot find you, you must forget again." And with that, she placed three fingers on my forehead, my vision blurred and all I saw was darkness.

"Forget....."

I woke up in the castle. It took me a few moments to remember coming back here, I must have fallen asleep as soon as I returned. Which wasn't long ago because it's still dark outside. The kind of dark when you can't see anything, no moon light or star light.

I know that I made it inside the base, I remember being in it and what it looked like, but I can't remember what else I did.

Maybe I hit my head somewhere along the way, or was attacked by a castle guard for some reason. I won't bother to ask though. 

I don't need to ask or be asked any more questions right now, not until they trust me more.

Kotake seems to trust me though, maybe I'll ask her sometime. 

Which reminds me, maybe she's done with the scroll, some progress in something would be helpful right now, since I don't remember much from the base I can't make a very accurate plan. 

A light fake attack is favorable at the moment, and the only idea I have. Placing small explosives along the walls, inside and out, seeing what the reaction time and responds is. Not tomorrow, perhaps the next day. Tomorrow I need to see what has been happening on Death Mountain and see what I can learn.  Maybe I could even get inside from there. 

If I were to go to the mountain I'll have to make sure I can handle the Gorons, and the landscape. There is a large cloud over Death Mountain, a sure sign of trouble. 

And there is also that dragon I saw, which I'm sure went up to the mountain. 

Yes, Death Mountain is an excellent place to try next.