Hit and Run

The end of the week could not come faster. With my final transcripts to be sent out to my college in a week and finals starting in three days, I know my days are counting down. As for the rest of my senior class, they are more than happy to get out of high school, ready just as I am to break free and never look back. But they have different motives for why they plan on never looking back. Their's are because a future awaits them of excitement and living in the past of high school can only weigh one down. As for me, I need to break free from here because the chains around my feet burn through my skin every second. I cannot look back because it reminds me one of the toughest moments I've ever experienced and am still suffering through: my mate falling in love with someone. Someone other than me.

Molly strolls through the classroom, taking a seat next to me as I question her. She's never sat next to me in Econ and quite frankly, I'm not her biggest fan. Sure, Molly is impossible to hate, but she has hurt me with no idea. "Hey," she greets, offering me a joyful smile as I examine her for the day. Her ginger hair is curled with her bangs braided back, her attire consists of a blush pink blouse and jean shorts, and her overall persona for the day is joyful. I've never seen this girl cry nor yell. I've never seen her suffer like I have, never face rejection, never feel mental pain. She's always strong, she's perfect. She's the perfect girl for someone, but she can't be for Augustus. Augustus is my perfect match and boy, yet he is not mine. At least not now. Not yet. Maybe one day he will come around, maybe one day he won't introduce me as his best friend...but his girlfriend, or even wife. Maybe one day. Maybe one day the sun will come out and shine light in my life as my patience and pain is paid off.

But fate is a tricky individual. A tricky idea.

"So I was wondering if you'd like to come to a party tonight. Augustus was going to ask you, but he couldn't find you at lunch so I volunteered." I hate it. I hate how she is all his and I cannot do a thing about it. I hate that ai cannot hate this girl who is falling in love with the man I am supposed to have. I hate how he holds her and kisses her, I am jealous of their every second together. I am jealous that she gets all of him and I have nothing but a friendship. "He really wants you to come you know," she comments, causing me to raise an eyebrow. "Augustus says you've been distant and he misses you at parties."

I stopped going because she was always by his side, always holding his hand as people commenting on how cute of a couple they are.

"Please do it for him. He really misses you hanging out." He misses me. He does miss me...but he doesn't realize that he misses me because we are perfect for each other. "Do it for him."

He wants me there. He is my mate and he wants me around him, even if he doesn't understand that we are meant to be. This means that the mate bond is not just a fictional aspect, but there is a pull. But he thinks he misses me because we are best friends, not because we are perfect together.

"I'll try," I reply, looking back to the teacher as class starts up and I'm left alone to my thoughts. After a quiz and final remarks from the teacher, I pack up quickly, dreading to run into Molly once more as I rush out of the room. As I head down the hallway and take two left turns to avoid running into Augustus, I run into a sight I'm not too found of seeing: Flynn and another male in a fight. They other is human, getting a pounding as Flynn lands another punch right into the boy's jaw.

"What the hell!" I shout, running over just as Flynn is about to punch the poor guy again. This one is human, meaning Flynn could easily kill him. We have rules within our pack, ones about fighting humans, how we should never use our full power upon them or we will get in massive trouble. "Let him go," I snap, grabbing Flynn's arm just as he recoils it.

The human's eyes widen, his nose bloody and his eyebrow cut as well. He looks like a mess unlike Flynn, whose only sign of blood comes from his knuckles due to the human. He's mad. The future Alpha is mad, but why? What did this human do or say to push his buttons? "What the hell is wrong with you," I snap, lightly slapping the Alpha to keep his wolf from surfacing and put his attention on me.