By Midnight's Power

"Let me just say how grateful I am that you all came out here," Luna Willow announces as we all sit patiently during the closing ceremony as the last week has dragged on for ages. The night after the game, Flynn did not comes to breakfast, saying he was sick, but in reality: he had a hangover and didn't want to face me. In all honesty, I almost played sick that morning too. The week dragged on, barely seeing Flynn as he was trying to avoid me, not because he wanted to, but because he knew it was what I wanted. But now here I sit, dressed in a beautiful, mid-thigh length black dress, lace sleeves, a backless except for the thin layer of black lace, and my hair pulled back, my feet strapped into black heels and everyone else eager to begin the night. We have dressed up for the night, many other girls also in their signature black dress for a party as the boys wear a more formal suit, but not as much as they would for prom.

Flynn sits beside his father as his mother gives a short speech to those who attended, thanking us for our two weeks of the summer when we could be having bonfires or painting the town red. His eyes are on me every so often, his hair combed back yet a tad messy, his build nicely emphasized in his attire as a black tie is what makes me think of some shameful thoughts. Hell, all it would take is getting him alone and pulling him bye it-

Let's just say I've had a little to drink because of my nerves, knowing that this party will start off formal and the second the clock strikes twelve we will let loose. Alcohol is going to be passed around, music will be playing, my heels will replaced by flats, my hair down, and probably my body pressed against someone as I let loose and try to erase this night. I've heard about how these parties go, how some people let loose, some head to the woods for a hook up, others pass out drunk, and the wise head to bed before they have perhaps a tattoo of a toaster upon their left calf (last year's highlight story).

As the closing ceremony is done, we all rise to our feet, thanking the warriors who helped these weeks as well as the Luna and Alpha. Flynn leaves his parent's side, meeting up with Cole and Meghan as the pack house is left for our crazy events for the night. The Moon Goddess help this night not go up in flames as too many mistakes are made to count of ten pairs of hands.

Everything goes bye fast, for one second I'm in the pack house all collected, and the next my hair is down to my waist, my flats on, and letting loose as I take a shot of the alcohol before me. Yvette claps me on the back, taking one right after me as the future Beta, Cole, pours us another round. I take it, knowing my limits as I know how much I can take.

Soon I'm allowing the music to take over, letting go as I close my eyes, swaying to the music as I feel his eyes upon me. I need this night. Someone is behind me, I push away, keeping those eyes in mind as I want this night to myself. I need to forget the troubles of the night as I need to embrace the point of no return. No return because tomorrow I will wake up, knowing I can never redo tonight. No, I don't plan on sleeping with someone or streaking across the yard, but because I will go back to life tomorrow, with Augustus, and make Flynn suffer every time he watches us. I need to forget that tonight. I need to forget that soon Flynn will be heartbroken once more, but this, he cannot go to me for a haven, but only himself.

By the strike of midnight I've made myself tired than ever, swaying my body to the beat as Yvette is beside me, drunk and out of control as I am her anchor tonight. People have already snuck out into the woods to have some fun, others has gotten high, and others have forgotten their names. Tonight I am not Gatsby. Tonight I am Daisy, dancing through the night as I drink my alcohol as the one who plays Gatsby tonight watches me from the second floor. Every turn I make, every step I take, he watches with such intensity that it makes me take another shot. I am like Daisy, for I know the control I hold as well. I know the control I hold over Gatsby as I am in his domain, just out as reach as Tom is in my life, even if he's miles away. But this story is better. This time there is no Myrtle to interfere, only Daisy as Tom and Gatsby fight for her love. Fight like some award, but I know I am more than an award to both. I know I have them both head over heels, it's just a matter of which one has me in return.