Touchdown

"Didn't expect to see you here," he comments, causing me to jump out of my skin. I didn't think to see him here so soon, or maybe because he anticipated me as a mate should. As I turn around, a smile spreads across his face as I can feel my wolf pawing to be let out and claim him as ours. "You finally came out of that shell of yours." Augustus hands me a drink, looking back to the crowd doing a game of dares including shots. "I haven't talked to you for what seems like weeks."

He misses me.

"I've been busy. College and all," I remark, wth as Augustus runs a hand through his blond hair, eyes eyes scanning my face. He feels it! He has to feel it, the mate bond, how he is drawn to me. My heartbeat increases, watching as he simply places a hand on my shoulder, sparks flying through my skin. He has to feel this! He has to feel the sparks!

"Have you seen Molly? She should be here by now?" The smile once upon my face falls down into a faint frown, the sparks feeling full now as Molly clouds my once happy thoughts. "I'm glad she talked you into coming tonight." Anger. I want to unleash my wolf and claw that human into shreds and claim this man as my own. The need to find that human and tell her to back off, to tell her to never look back and leave Augustus to me...that need is building up inside of me and it frightens me. I have nothing against her other than my mate is helplessly in love with her and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. The only thing she has done is have Augustus fall in love with her...she's never hurt me purposefully nor do I think she ever could. I can't hate her. Damnit I can't hate her because Augustus loves her, and that means I have to be kind to her. Because my mate loves her I have to respect that. Why? Because I love him.

Augustus walks off, leaving me behind as he searches the party for the redhead. Taking a swing of the beer he handed me, I head off to find my own muse for the night. I got here and it would be a waste of time to just leave now. Before Augustus fell for Molly, parties were a massive part of my life. Augustus and I were teammates for beer pong, we lost and and we won some as I remember feeling alive as he would pull me in for a tight hug if we won a game. It used to be fun going to these events, how I would partake in the dare games or even dance away with some friends from other classes. But it all changed when I saw him watched her the day I discovered who he truly was to me. My life flipped upside down and I pushed many people away without an explanation. How would you feel if the man you knew you were destined to be with loved another? If you had to smile and support them because you knew he was happy? It feels like a never ending war within you to either tell him how you feel and claim him...or sit back and watch as he writers another chapter of his life with you just in the background.

"Someone looks like they've had a rough day," someone states from beside me. Looking to the individual, I raise an eyebrow at them, wanting to know what they're up it. "I mean, no one has to get to know you to see that you're looking miserable." Gavin Knox stands beside me, leaning against the doorframe to the dinning room, his gray eyes locked on mine. He's what you would think of as your stereotypical 'bad boy' based on the usual attire of a leather jacket and bruised knuckles from a fight, but after knowing him for seven years, you see he's quite the mommy's boy. Sure, he likes the daily fights and enjoys getting into trouble, but outside of school he doesn't dare disrespect his parents or pack.

"Since when are you licensed to get into others business and state things that are not true," I mumble, taking another swing of the beer as I find Molly, her back to me, chatting with an old friend of hers. "Everyone has their ups and downs, Gavin, and some choose to keep them secret."

He chuckles, taking out his phone as the light illuminates his face for a quick second. Locking the device, he slides it back into his pocket, meeting my stare as a smirk forms across his face. We used to be running partners Freshmen year solely because we shifted into our wolves for the first time two weeks apart. We learned about our wolf forms together and became good friends. He's one of the friends I pushed away months ago. "You look like shit, Amory, let's get down to the basics here. I know you're little secret just as Flynn does. A few of us are not too blind to see the fact that you're heartbroken."