A Drop of Temptation

Felicity sat prettily on a kitchen stool, working on her second glass of water. After her little performance, the blond stranger practically rushed her to the kitchen in hopes that water would calm her 'coughing fit'. He stood a few feet away from her now, watching with wary eyes. She had a feeling he hadn't been fully convinced but didn't want to risk her croaking on the off chance he was wrong. A tense silence stretched between them as they stared at one another.

Awkward.

Lowering the cup, she delicately cleared her throat and dabbed at the corner of her lips with the back of her vacant hand. "It seems your coughs has subsided, yes?" he inquired. Even though it sounded more like he was telling her than asking her. Arrogant males. Shrugging, she nonchalantly examined her nails. "So it seems" neither a yes or a no. He nodded, her answer clearly satisfactory. "Good, now, you're going to answer my-" she thrust the glass towards him, causing his words to come to a sudden stop. "Would you be a doll and get me just one more glass of water?" His eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched as his teeth gritted together. Felicity swallowed a smile, barely, a small smirk appearing instead. "Pretty please?" She coaxed. She smiled fully in triumph when he sighed and reached for the glass. Gotcha! Just before his fingers brushed against it she let the glass slip from her grasp. The next few moments happened in a blur of movements. He took his eyes off her to swoop forward, attempting to catch the glass. Using the distraction, Felicity kicked out, nailing him in the temple.

From his little invisible choke-hold earlier, she knew instantly that he was a warlock. Meaning, he was human. If she could prevent him from casting any spells then she could take him. No problem.

He staggered back from the sudden blow and clutched at his head. She could imagine he was a bit dizzy at this point. Hopping off the stool, she turned, picked it up, and slammed it against the fridge to her left. The force of her swing caused it to shatter on impact. He ducked, attempting to avoid the spray of wood chunks and splinters. Felicity, on the other hand, couldn't care less as the pieces nicked her skin. She swooped down and brandished one of the now detached legs of the stool, straightening and charging forward. She swung, aiming for his head again only to have him lift his arm in time to block the blow and deliver one of his own.

She barely ducked the knife that he swung at her, but the knee he raised, nailing her in the stomach, she had no defense against. Skidding back a few feet, she clutched her middle and grinned. "I have to say, you don't make it easy for a girl to get close and personal, do you?" He returned her grin with a devilish one of his own. "Sorry love, I'm all about boundaries". He straightened and she could see his palms emitting a soft glow, could practically feel the hum of magic crackle through the air. Damn! She tsked and wagged a finger at him. "Well that's not very nice now, is it? Bringing magic to a fist fight? What? Afraid the little wittle girl is gonna tie your balls into a pretty bow if you don't?" She mocked her tone that of a five-year-old child. He released a short bark of laughter and his eyes briefly lit up in amusement before they hardened again. "Fine. No magic." She watched his hands power down and the hum settled into silence. "But don't think I'm gonna use it to fix that pretty face after I turn it into my personal jigsaw puzzle."

It was her turn to laugh. Best joke she'd heard all day.

They took a few seconds to size each other up before palming their weapons and charging forward.

******

All...most...there! The chain binding York made a satisfying clank as it clattered to the ground. After what felt like an eternity, but in reality was closer to fifteen minutes, York had finally been able to free himself. A crash sounded and he hastily jumped to his feet, only to stagger. It didn't come as a surprise to the centuries-old vampire. His wounds at this point were enough to be fatal if he didn't consume some blood to kick-start the healing process. "God...damned...succubus!" He grated pain lancing through him. He limped towards the doorway, a scowl on his face and determination propelling him forward. He needed to find his problematic little house guest, save her from whatever trouble she had gotten herself into, and pray to the Gods he didn't end up drinking her dry in the process.